OCR02302 - The Binding of Isaac "The Clubbing of Isaac"

djpretzel

Wow great stuff here from BGC. Obviously I've never heard the original soundtrack (although I'm probably going to go check it out now), but it doesn't matter, this is some good stuff. I completely digged BGC's Impostor Nostalgia and this track does not disappoint either. He just keeps coming out with consistently great stuff. Keep it up!

So, I'm sitting at my desk, checking OCR for new mixes. I see this new one by BGC and check it out.

My roommate is playing a game I haven't seen him play before and it has a neat soundtrack.

"What game are you playing?" I ask.

"The Binding of Isaac." He answers.

I stop and turn back to my laptop and my brain explodes.

Thanks for the moment and also an amazing new remix. I love the energy you put into what is a rather mellow source.

This is an awesome track from an awesome soundtrack. Also, if you want to buy the full binding of isaac album you can get it here: http://dbsoundworks.bandcamp.com/album/the-binding-of-isaac-2 for a buck. Yes you read that right, all 28 tracks for one dollar. Also I'm really glad to see a remix to such a new game. I love VGM more than almost anything, and the more notice it gets the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Got to have to say that it's cool to already do something for one of Danny Baranowsky's scores, especially considering his presence in OCR in years gone past. :)

As for the track itself, the blending together of both the Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy sources was seen to be just genius all around, and really captures a firm example of how credit should be given towards the composer - making sure to acknowledge the work at hand while still being able to capture that similar emotive quality that the composer gave in. I've understood the difficulty of trying to write a melody originally in a different time signature into something more standardised, and in this form it actually transitioned to the point that the source material could've easily been 4/4 to begin with.

With all the dedication you've given towards Baranowsky's role and vice verca (something I can admit I saw a great deal of on Twitter over the months), I can say that you managed to do a great justice to his work. It's definitely a keeper from me :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet ReMix. The intro was golden and I loved how you threw in a little bit of dubstep, which was perfect and didn't overstay it's welcome. The entire ReMix had a great electronic beat that was driving, but not overly frantic. The whole mix was really interesting and I like it.

I have probably overused the word fantastic far too much, but that does not mean that I cannot say that this track is FREAKIN' FANTASTIC! Because of the awesomeness of this, I went and listened to The Binding of Isaac soundtrack... and eventually got the full Indie Game Music Bundle :razz: But seriously, this just reeks of quality. The dubstep bits are well executed, the synths are on the mark (I especially like the intro bit with the echo through the speakers), and this always makes me tap my foot every time I hear it. Pure. Awesome. For the win.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I really freaking love this remix. Its Danny Baranowsky + Big Giant Circles. How can it not rule?

But... I just can't get into the dubstep breakdown halfway through the mix. Its not BAD by any stretch of the imagination. Its just not for me. Which is a shame for me, because I really do want to love this remix, but its something I cannot look past.

Still, amazing remixing as usual.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02302 - The Binding of Isaac "The Clubbing of Isaac"