Old 07-15-2002, 04:56 AM
Chris Hughan
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Send a message via ICQ to Ginnsu Send a message via AIM to Ginnsu Send a message via MSN to Ginnsu Send a message via Yahoo to Ginnsu
OCR00710 - Kabuki: Quantum Fighter 'USB MindLink'

Kabuki Quantum Fighter 'USB MindLink'

Abjurator, now if thats not a new name then I must have missed something. This isn't just a new name, but this is a new mix with an almost experimental ambient sound, that is, when the when the hard hitting techno beat isn't seething from your speakers. I love the ambient loop at the beginning and the end of this piece, and I really have to say, the part with the hammering beat a is no sluff either. This here is definatly one of the better techno pieces I've heard on this site, and very easy to dance to (believe me, I even tried.) Excellent work Abjurator, and yes, I want to hear more.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:04 AM
Galen Deming
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Thanks Ginnsu, I appreciate it. I have a few other mixes in progress, so you will definitely hear more.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Ryan Stern
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Nice job DJA. This game did deserve a remix. And a good remix it is. My favorite part is at about 1:30. I can almost see the guy whipping his hair. Man, I gotta go play that game.

I know there was a request for it in the forums a while back, were you answering to that?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Galen Deming
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Thanks Ryan8bit. I was not aware that anyone requested that a remix be done for this game, nor was I aware that this many people knew about the game. I have had long hair almost all my life, so when I first played the game, I can remember trying to whip things with my hair like the kabuki guy did in the game.... :P
Old 07-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Little Mac (+900)

I've never even heard of the game this game from, but ya know, I rather like this. In fact, I like it alot. I don't know if it's the melody or the variety or the samples or what, but it just hits me the right way, especially as the track proceeds. There's something very cool about it, but I don't know how to describe it. It's like one of those tracks that should be merely good, but is somehow great. Congrats on this flawless piece of art.
Old 07-20-2002, 06:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to Legato
Bringing back memories

When I first heard this this song in it's original nes form I didn't really think of it much. I have to say this was an awesome remix of the song. It made me unbox my nes and pop in that good ol' Kabuki Quantum Fighters pak in. After fighting with the nes to get the game work (DAMN CARTRIDGES ) I cranked up this remix and actually played through the whole game. I hope to hear more remixes of this calibur from DJ Abjurator. Awesome work!
Old 08-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Janne Roivainen
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via MSN to EvilHorde
Excellent

Just played KQF earlier today and it rocks! But this remix rocks more! The original song , though its excellent, lacks content, but you have really packed some action in this version. Where is that string sounds from? Its almost identical to the one used by The Prodigy (Liam Howlett) in "Music for the jilted generation" album. Its a fantastic string sound. But it sure isn┤t the only fantastic thing in this song. Its excellent throughout. You managed to maintain the basic feeling of the game. A very good remix indeed.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:42 AM
Galen Deming
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Re: Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-FlyTrap
Where is that string sounds from? Its almost identical to the one used by The Prodigy (Liam Howlett) in "Music for the jilted generation" album.
Thanks for the kind review.

I used a simple GM-bank string sound and manipulated it with a sampler until it sounded right. Basically, I adjusted the attack and release rate, tweaked the cut-off and ressonance, then ran it through some reverb. Yummy.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Banned
Big Boss (+6000)

Send a message via AIM to Nineko
*reviewing while listening*

nice introduction: starting creepy, growing happy
then at 0:52 here we go
oooh, at 1:04 is even better

nice change at 1:17 (it was better before, though)
at 1:30 is sad again
cool, 1:42 (and 1:56) for the win again
OMG drums at 2:08, and continue!!! a long cool section
at 2:30 the song is changing and the panning surround is awesome. good that I'm sitting otherwise I would fall down. oh, and at 3:00 some more drums.

let's go for the finale. 3:25 is a nice milestone

not so grand finale, imo.
maybe this song is too repetitive, 4:26 is a lot to fill with this simple melody

*closing review mode*

k, this is my first and last try at realtiming-review
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

It starts out somewhat repetative, but once the main melody comes in, it's a lot more interesting. There are enough mnor breakdowns and buildups to keep things from getting out of hand, but overall it seems to run a little on the long side.

THe synth used for the melody is very nice and slidey.