ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

I'm not that knowledgeable with torrents, but if you updated the files in the torrent, if they had the same name, wouldn't it just download the difference in file size and update the file without downloading the entire file? :tomatoface:

If the new file is different, I believe it would replace existing files by re-downloading. A torrent download isn't smart enough to "update" a file by somehow determine what bytes are different and amending existing files. A torrent will skip a file if the same version already exists in the directory you're downloading the torrent to. In other words, as long as you don't care about iTunes play counts and that kind of thing, you can just bahleet the individual ReMixes you have and get the updated ones when they come out.

Big problem is not listened counts, but playlists based on stuff like personal ranking.

Because YES, I HAVE FAVOURITES.

direct replacement of the file should fix it, actually. there are file managers that allow for find and replace, where you can specify a file folder, and then have the program replace them.

with itunes, for example, i'd have itunes create a library on a separate computer, and have it properly relocate the files to the folders that they'd be in on my primary machine. then i'd just drag and drop, and replace them all.

direct replacement of the file should fix it, actually. there are file managers that allow for find and replace, where you can specify a file folder, and then have the program replace them.

with itunes, for example, i'd have itunes create a library on a separate computer, and have it properly relocate the files to the folders that they'd be in on my primary machine. then i'd just drag and drop, and replace them all.

I doubt that'll work. Because we're fixing most of the filesnames of everything before, say... #1600, there's gonna be a lot of files in the new torrent where stuff doesn't match up with filenames.

Aside from a more technical solution I wouldn't know, the main thing nearly all the old versions and updates versions of the files will share is the "Set Subtitle" field, which is where Dave has always put the unique OCR ID # of the mix. There were maybe 2 or 3 mixes where the ID number was typo'ed that I fixed, but otherwise that's a unique identifier that should be able to be matched up through a program like MP3tag.

• 3 weeks later...
If you're working on a project, sent your mix to OCR and received an almost immediate letter (like, in 3 days) with the issues to be corrected, do you have to wait another three weeks period? Or, is the answer meant to be fast to let you finish things in time so you may send it again once you're ready?

No, you can send it back whenever. That said, keep in mind we're NOT the Workshop forums, so don't use us like them. :lol: Don't rush what you're working on.

• 2 weeks later...
I made a new thread, since the old one got bahleeted somehow. Someone on YouTube pointed out that there was no review thread.

Ah, thanks for the info sir. The medley itself is pretty cool, especially considering it's a 10+ yrs old mix.

Glad this comment made me discover this hidden gem from the past, and I hope others will give it a listen too. :)

Maybe Eino was wondering how a mix posted in 2001 only got its own review thread about 3 days ago. ;)

Yup, that's what I meant. Sorry for being so vague, I was as tired as I was curious. Thanks for clarifying this on my behalf and also thanks to Liontamer for the answer!

And yeah.. it's a pretty weird piece. Quite nice distorted ambient sounds in the opening.

--Eino