Sign in to follow this  
Sam Ascher-Weiss

Shnabubula's Controller 1

When looking at the library of work Shnab has done... one can argue he is the closest one can probably attain to either genius or madness.

But I digress, I fucking love it.

Every day is another day to worship the dare-devil'ry and progressive Wright-brotherhood of Shnabubula's work.

I was skeptical with the first few, simple tracks, but my psycho-crazy side (to exaggerate) has been fulfilled by the later tracks. Wow wtf the last track just came on.

Would you contest that Sam is the "Roll Fizzlebeef" of musicians?

Can we just start a separate thread for these kind of shenanigans? I feel bad for everyone else.

p.s. Big McLargeHuge

AAAAAAAAAAA

b

AAAAAAAAAAA

One would think he favors the A over the B

Goddamn letter...ist... We should notify the radical groups of victimized letter rights.

Don't B a victim.

Anyway, congrats Sam you cool this is one of the best things my ears have absorbed.

'Let's get it STARTed' is prob my favourite track here. Great album, I like the complexity and the sub basses and everything. Last track is very interesting, something about it sounds familiar :-D

I love how most of the time in your music not one set of notes is the same as the one preceding it. Awesome sound

Also also also also also: send it to 8bp when they decide to accept demos again

It's funny, but if you listen to the first track and have some intimate knowledge of Shan's Ender's Game soundtrack, you can pick out some very distinct, albeit small sections that sounds extremely similar. Similar in a way that goes beyond Shan's signature motifs and flourishes. It's almost note for note in some places.

But considering how much I enjoy(ed) his previous work, this is hardly a criticism. It's a gleeful observation.