FAC - Fan Art Competition 14: BOSS MONTH - Voting Time!!!

atmuh

FAC14

RESULTS ARE NOW IN!!!!

First off I'd like to congratulate everyone who entered and thank you all as you have reminded me why I enjoy this competition so much. You guys have some SERIOUS talent and I hope this can run many months into the future. I'd also like to thank all 30 people who voted. I don't think we ever had that many votes before and I'm glad to know you guys follow this thing!

And now I am proud to announce that the winner of FAC14 is LINKJING DONUTS

Here's the rundown

Bean 22

Bummerdude 22

Chickenwarlord 0

chumble spuzz 17

cobaltstarfire 0

Cottus&Gyes 1

Dhsu 2

dish 25

DJ Mighty 0

friendlyHunter 10

H. Guderian 1

Hy Bound 3

Linkjing Donuts 38

Ninja-san 2

Radical Dreamer 1

reelmojo 0

relyanCe 6

Sindra 5

The Phalanx 25

--------------------------------

tell all your friends your friends friends your friends moms and your friends moms moms TO ALL VOTE

Here are all the entries. PM me your top three (in order of how much you love them) by Tuesday July 1st.

oh yeah dont go tellin me why you like someones the most or whatever i never read that if you like an artist go tell THEM not me

Bean - Wyvern - Final Fantasy XI

Bummerdude - Razorbeard - Rayman 2

Chickenwarlord - Collage - Zelda

chumble spuzz - Ganondorf - Zelda

cobaltstarfire - Sisters - Cave Story

Cottus&Gyes - Oogie Boogie - Kingdom Hearts

Dhsu - Ultros - Final Fantasy VI

dish - Energy Zone Boss - Contra

DJ Mighty - Miguel - Chrono Cross

friendlyHunter - C-Serpent - Startropics

H. Guderian - T-elos, Red Testament/Kevin, and Zarathustra - Xenosaga III

Hy Bound - Grey Fox - Metal Gear Solid

Linkjing Donuts - Whispy Woods - Kirby

Ninja-san - Bowser Andross and Ganon - Assorted

Radical Dreamer - THE RIGHT PADDLE - Pong

reelmojo - Ludwig Von Koopa - Super Mario World

relyanCe - Vaati - Zelda

Sindra - Dizzy - Guilty Gear

The Phalanx - Death - Castlevania

you guys ROCKED it this month

im quite glad this is back a runnin

-----------------------------------------------------

I'd appreciate if the mods allowed me to leave this in Community for a week or two since it's been a very long time since this has existed and I'd like to rally as many people as possible to it.

Welcome to the June 2008 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC).

Because June is pretty much always boss month at OCR this edition of the FAC is BOSS MONTH. All your entries need is some relation to some boss from some video game. Props to friendlyhunter for giving me this excellent idea.

If your unfamiliar with FAC then here is a FAQ thing sorta.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. *deep breath* Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No P0rn.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

PM me all entries by:

June 27th

Alright! Lets get started!

Support this thread by wearing one of these or make your own:

fan0hu1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan2sd1.png

someone who was unclear about the rules sent me this pm and i figured id post it in case anyone else is!

Yo, Atma,

I had a question about the art contest. You say it has to been 100% our own work, and since I'm great at misunderstanding things, I just wanted to clarify: If I take two things like an image and a cool background, put the two together, and add some text, does that qualify? Nobody's done any previous work on either of these two things, so it's not like I'm taking someone else's tag and modding it, I'm just taking a picture and a background. I can send you what I have so far (which is pretty terrible) so you can see what i'm talking about, if I'm not making any sense to you.

did you make both the two things yourself

were the two things both made since the contest was announced

if the answer is no to either one of these questions you cannot do that

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

I just scanned though the first post and this is the closest thing I could find to rules about submitting art. It doesn't explicitly say that entries should be PM'd to Atma, but it implies that it was probably his original intention.

EDIT: ack! nevermind...

PM me all entries by:

June 27th

I think you're supposed to PM it to Atma...(Although I'm not particularly sure of that)

Anyway I'm done too, my elbow rather hates me now. :P

With any luck I'll have a computer so I can check back and vote. :3

Hehe, yeah. I PM'd Atma first before the post. It is required!!!

And to be honest Kenobio, I am not sure what Candleja is. Going to have to google that right now.

I think you're supposed to PM it to Atma...(Although I'm not particularly sure of that)

you are correct

i find it much better showing everything at the end so ever piece is new to all voters

i think that makes the voting fair