Diablo III

Bren

diablo3releasedate.png

On the front page at www.blizzard.com is a short flash teaser announcing the upcoming sequel to the epic Heaven vs Hell series.

The official page was later enabled, giving us official information about the game!

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Things to look at:

-Cinematic Trailer

-Gameplay Trailer

-Character Classes

-Screenshots

-Lore

-World Features

-Extras

-The Gem is on the main page, right underneath "The World" -- Activate it!

This is looking very promising so far!

Edited by DarkeSword

<Lastair> diablo 3 announced :

<Sapphorite> Yeah, I'm still reeling, I've got little happy tears.

<PrincessTensei> WTF

<PrincessTensei> I came

<PrincessTensei> instantly

<Lastair> tore your pants right off

<PrincessTensei> yeah, you know how dolphins, when they come, they ejaculate like 14 meters far

<PrincessTensei> well something like that

So yeah, this is awesome!

Edit: actually, from what I hear from the people on IRC watching the stream:

- There will be breakable walls and physics stuff

- Huge amounts of enemies on-screen

- Cleavable and decapitatable enemies, all in real time!

Edit2: lol

I think the entire internet just had an orgasm.

Also fuck, now I HAVE to build a new PC. Starcraft 2 was tempting enough, but now DIABLO III!? Well played, Blizzard. Well played... I seriously think WoW was just the money maker so Blizzard could totally DOMINATE with the return of two of their best series ever.

Now they just need to make a next-gen Lost Vikings game and we're all set. :-P

...Of course we know that chances are we won't be seeing this OR Starcraft being released until Winter 2012...

The new health orb system seems like a quicker way to die. I guess that's what they intended though with their intention of making the battles the central focus. I like what they came up with to fix the whoever doesn't lag when a boss dies gets the item problem. No doubt every D2 player has clicked like fucking crazy when the items drop at least once in their lives.

So um, what's the big deal? :|

Seriously?

Diablo was always basically the darker, grittier version of Warcraft, only with a better story and they were doing WoW-style gameplay long before WoW came along. Diablo 2 was simply that much better, and garnered a following not unlike WoW though on a smaller scale.

It's been 8 years since Diablo 2 came out, so you can imagine the anticipation fans had about not knowing whether or not another sequel would ever come about.

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously; I mean I've never played any of the Diablo games.

Diablo was always basically the darker, grittier version of Warcraft, only with a better story and they were doing WoW-style gameplay long before WoW came along. Diablo 2 was simply that much better, and garnered a following not unlike WoW though on a smaller scale.

It's been 8 years since Diablo 2 came out, so you can imagine the anticipation fans had about not knowing whether or not another sequel would ever come about.

So is it like an action-RPG or a point-n-click-RPG?

My problem with Blizzard is that they make games that look amazing, sound amazing, and are just amazingly put together, but they are simply not the types of games that I usually enjoy playing (MMO and RTS). Maybe Diablo III is the way to go? :\

Well... it's about fucking time. We all knew a third game was needed after the ending in Lord of Destruction, but it sure did take a while for it to even be announced. This makes me a happy little camper. Now to wait the additional three years it'll likely be before it gets released :lol:

So is it like an action-RPG or a point-n-click-RPG?

Both. You use your mouse cursor to move your character, and pick which enemy to hack on (and pretty much everything else). There are no turn-based fights, as it's all real-time, and there are copious amounts of enemies to defeat. Basically imagine Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance for gameplay (only many more enemies on-screen), but you're using a mouse instead of a controller to do everything. It's point and click, meets hack 'n slash, meets action-RPG.