Apologies to the OCR crew

NeoS

Hi guys and gals,

I just wanted to tell you i'm sorry for being such a prick about my rejected tracks in the past and saying stuff about OCR being biased about trance remixes in general.

Why am I saying this? Well, last night I had an interesting conversation with another artist who really likes trance alot (I guess i won't have to tell his name, since if you know him, you know who I mean) and used to think just like me. We both used to think there was some kind of prejudice against 4-on-the-floor beats in remixes, if you will.

He pointed out something I've never actually thought about before. I guess most of the people on OCR haven't really.

You guys deliver a great stage for people who love videogames and the music in them, letting them express their artistic impressions towards some particular song they like best. It takes alot of work to get a site like this up and running, supporting a community with so many people.

I've been lurking around OCR for a long time now, and I of all people should know you guys put alot of effort into evaluating remixes and supporting new artists as much as you can.

So that's why I post this "apologies" thread. I hope someday one of my remixes will be accepted on this site, since I've been trying for quite some time now. But I realised that when they don't, I only have myself to blame.

So, again, i'm really sorry for being such an asshat before.

/end of rant

Lol apparently noone here likes trance a whole lot.

I will say Trance isn't a genre to take uber-seriously, but rather just a genre for fun. You know what I mean? That's just how some genres are. Others can actually be appreciated for talent and whatnot.

EDIT: Of course it doesn't HAVE to have talent and imagination to actually be good to listen to. Just look at Trivium.

Question.

What genre then are you allowed to take 'uber-seriously'?

Well, anything that you think took a lot of talent and imagination to make. Which isn't really restricted by genre. But it's not really all that often Trance goes there in my opinion.

Of course, the band with the most imagination and talent (in my opinion) is in my sig ;)

Trance isn't bad, but to me it has to keep me interested. Of course, whether or not a mix is good is a matter of opinion.

I consider Ecco Defender of the future to have a little elements of trance, but maybe I'm crazy...

I wish they'd port that game to wii, played like 5 minutes of it on Dreamcast, and loved every minute of it...

Trance isn't bad, but to me it has to keep me interested. Of course, whether or not a mix is good is a matter of opinion.

I consider Ecco Defender of the future to have a little elements of trance, but maybe I'm crazy...

I wish they'd port that game to wii, played like 5 minutes of it on Dreamcast, and loved every minute of it...

The little bit of Ecco I remember was playing it on my cousins' Genesis. I always heard good stuff about the genesis version though.

trance is good if you're listening to good trance

otherwise it's shit to middlin'

Global-Trance knows good stuff btw

As a trance DJ, I'm gonna put my two cents into this. The reason why I think trance isn't so well received here is because OCR trance is pretty abysmal if you compare it to actual good trance... only exception is one artist we all know and love... and as good as he is, he still has much progress to make.

Just saying.

Musical merit aside, trance relies heavily on production value to sell itself because of its minimal nature. I think that may be one area where people fall short simply by way of lack of technical experience. In terms of musical content, I don't have a problem with four on the floor as long as it's not just a copy and paste effort with a melody riding on top.

BTW, the "two finger madness" patches in Nexus are hilarious. I love those.