Anime

Now that we've covered that, let's move on, shall we?

okay, let's move on to the stupidly hyperkinetic plot, utterly senseless overuse of contrivance, and an overally stupid narrative. mix in a complete lack of compelling characterization and VOILA, horrible anime.

with epic chip eating

OCR: we only watch anime years after anime freaks do so that we're not labelled anime freaks but then we argue about said anime years later and get labelled anime freaks anyway whoops icon_ugly.gif

I edited that lengthy evangelion post the next day once I saw how silly and redundant it was, so point taken. But my real problem is, irrespective of area, I'm just generally late to the party. Forgive me, learned ones.

Can't wait for the dub!!

Ha! You watch subs? Don't you care that you're getting a distorted presentation of the artist's original vision due to its conversion to film?

Lern 2 telepath, n00b.

I edited that lengthy evangelion post the next day once I saw how silly and redundant it was, so point taken. But my real problem is, irrespective of area, I'm just generally late to the party. Forgive me, learned ones.

nah I'm just being an ass

I'm constantly catching up on old stuff myself

Lupin is good all around, so you really should watch more of it.

I find the movies are better than the series, though. They tend to be a lot more action-packed, more story-driven, and have better villains. The TV series, while kind of cute and charming in their own way, are quite old and haven't aged well. Since the movies kept up with the times, they've managed to keep a higher quality overall.

But still, the TV version is worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else been following Katanagatari? Just saw its finale today and I must say it was an amazing run. Hour-long episodes work a lot better than half-our ones do in my opinion.

Check it out if you like samurai, ninjas, wacky hijinks, lots of tragedy, nightmare fuel, and totally kickass fight scenes.

Anyone else been following Katanagatari? Just saw its finale today and I must say it was an amazing run. Hour-long episodes work a lot better than half-our ones do in my opinion.

Check it out if you like samurai, ninjas, wacky hijinks, lots of tragedy, nightmare fuel, and totally kickass fight scenes.

i actually just started getting back into anime and was gonna ask for suggestions, i will look into this first

• 4 months later...

Madoka Magica is excellent. Approaching Lain-levels of goodness.

Only quicksubs out atm. I watched nutbladder and it was very good; one maybe two identifyable mistakes per ep. Of course that's simply from an English perspective; I've heard that it's the best around, but I can't validate.

I think that if you liked Lain, you'd like this. It's fairly heartwrenching.