Mass we pray

Maco70

Every place I read up about it says it must be fake... but it's more of a hope.

Considering some of this Christian games out there, this isn't a far stretch. http://www.guitarpraise.com/

EDIT:

http://www.whois.net/whois/masswepray.com

Registrant:

Domain Discreet

ATTN: masswepray.com

Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1

Funchal, Madeira 9000-039

PT

Phone: 1-902-7495331

Email: e2875c1c0a14115200c139b5acb57b4f@domaindiscreet.com

Domain Name: masswepray.com

Created on..............: 2009-11-03

Expires on..............: 2010-11-03

I see a phone number.

EDIT:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/9027495331

Not an organization number, rather a number used for tele-fraud? That convinces me.

And yes, it took that much. I am not surprised by things on the internet these days.

That has to be a joke.... I mean to avoid getting to PPR, But its dumb to think you need something there or someone to lead you in prayer... If that is what this trying to do..

Also the family looks like a bunch of tards..

And as far as the Guitar hero clone. . . Mixed reactions, I listen to a lot of Christian radio.. and sadly there are not enough songs that would translate in to a fun game... esh. .

Its like DDR Disney mix.

A family shouldn’t have to wait until Sunday to worship the Lord. Now you can go to church every day without leaving your home. Participate in more than 24 unique and exhilarating Ceremonies. Be sure to try them all. The more you play, the more Grace points you collect. Then trade in your Grace points to unlock the Holy Mysteries.

D:

Okay, unless it's the very active kind of worshiping, I don't even think those extremely religious would call worship "exhilarating". In fact, I'm sure quite a few would call that an INSULT to prayer. This isn't Wild n' Crazy Kids, folks. Yeesh, and honestly, what kind of "Holy Mysteries" can be unlocked, I wonder? Probably nothing that couldn't be found in the bible, through your local religious authoritarian, or on the internet. Of course, that's me pretending that this stuff could exist, which I can believe full well it could. I don't even care if this is a fake or not, this is the wrong way to approach or abuse religious observance, and even worse on how to cash in on it unless it is 100% non-profit. Don't get me wrong, I think people should be religious in any way they choose as long as it isn't a detriment to others, but this just seems wrong on so many levels it borders on the offensive.

Those Wii-controllers they're offering are quite hilarious though. Also, a wild THOUGHT appears:

Nintento Wii (comes with 1 nunchuck and controller): $199.99

Additional Wii-motes for a family of 4: 3 x $39.99

4 Wii Fit boards: 4 x $89.99

Probable price of actual game: $39.99 (based on average)

Total = $719.91 pre-tax

This is assuming that the CROSS and KNEELER controllers are just doctored-up Nintendo products or friggin "skins" for ones you already own. Out of all that, only about $40 is going towards a company that is probably banking money on this. Rational? not really. Would people do it? Yes, there are plenty of people who would spend that much.

Also, can someone please photoshop that one screencap of Mary and Paul ringing the bells? You know what I'm talking about.

Edit: Look at the second screencap on that website. You have TWO models: white bland male and white bland female. No age variance, no presence of melanin in anyone, just....ARGH!

Oh I'm sure, but I had a rough drive to work this morning and whatever methods of getting out that pent-up frustration I need to take full advantage of, hence the post. And based on all that evidence I would put my pride on the line that this is totally fake, but I guess my point would be it doesn't surprise me that things very similar to this have and do exist.

As a Catholic, I'm thoroughly amused. Generally speaking, the only Catholics who go to mass beyond Sundays and holy days are geriatrics.

According to the Huffington Post, despite the claim that this company is from Boston (which no one seems to be able to locate), the website was registered to Domain Discrete, a Portugese company, on November 3rd. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/18/mass-we-pray-game-church_n_362854.html

While the game is not yet rated by the ESRB, it doesn't even come up on their website. Furthermore, no copyright or trademark information exists about them.

The logical conclusion is simple: it can't be real.

As a Catholic, I'm thoroughly amused. Generally speaking, the only Catholics who go to mass beyond Sundays and holy days are geriatrics.

According to the Huffington Post, despite the claim that this company is from Boston (which no one seems to be able to locate), the website was registered to Domain Discrete, a Portugese company, on November 3rd. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/18/mass-we-pray-game-church_n_362854.html

While the game is not yet rated by the ESRB, it doesn't even come up on their website. Furthermore, no copyright or trademark information exists about them.

The logical conclusion is simple: it can't be real.

http://www.whois.net/whois/masswepray.com

Registrant:

Domain Discreet

ATTN: masswepray.com

Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1

Funchal, Madeira 9000-039

PT

Phone: 1-902-7495331

Email: e2875c1c0a14115200c139b5acb57b4f@domaindiscreet.com

Domain Name: masswepray.com

Created on..............: 2009-11-03

Expires on..............: 2010-11-03

I see a phone number.

EDIT:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/9027495331

Not an organization number, rather a number used for tele-fraud? That convinces me.

And yes, it took that much. I am not surprised by things on the internet these days.

Domain Discreet is not a company. It's a general anonymous domain name.

What kind of company would be called Domain Discreet?

Also, the phone number is a land line in Canada, and the mailing address is in Portugal. There are no signs that this is a location for the business, especially since this same address and phone number are used on literally thousands of registered domains. It's likely to be a random anonymous cover for sites.

What I described above, and the lack of any specific contact information to a business or an individual makes it clear to me this is fake.

A very well made fake.

ha haha

anyway, taking a closer look at the pics, it's pretty obvious that the guy/group that did it only had the vaguest understanding of what happens in a Mass, considering he/she/they left out the most important part entirely

I'm not sure the controller looks quite delicious enough.

In before this gets moved to PPR...

It always seems to me that people always pray when they want something or they're in some sort of trouble, never just for whatever (or, you know, to sound thankful), and the prayers they do give are all recitations....

Beyond that, someone I speak with on a frequent basis said recently that all land is holy. While naturally I disagree with that I do subscribe to the idea that any structure can become a place of worship whether it's an actual church, a football stadium or someone's house.

Growing up the way I did I hold most religious tenets and concepts in contempt, especially the idea that you have to believe in one particular faith or another in order to live by writings that were set down to govern a bunch of nomads marauding around the Tigris river valley.

So the news of this...game, if you can even call it that, kind of pisses me off.