So, when is one of you guys gonna start using this to remix?

The Author

I'd love to see someone like Willrock do some damage with this. :wink:

But no direct midi-USB input seems like a bad commercial decision imo (even more so when the price isn't known yet).

Many keyboards / controllers on the market have both nowadays, and entry-level controllers even tend to favor USB only.

Midi only is a little outdated, that's about my only gripe.

Also:

It looks like THE FUTURE... but sounds like a drive-thru speaker.

The thing looks amazing, the concept is cool, but the bad sound demo is kind of a dream crusher.

I'd love to see someone like Willrock do some damage with this. :wink:

But no direct midi-USB input seems like a bad commercial decision imo (even more so when the price isn't known yet).

Many keyboards / controllers on the market have both nowadays, and entry-level controllers even tend to favor USB only.

Midi only is a little outdated, that's about my only gripe.

Also:

The thing looks amazing, the concept is cool, but the bad sound demo is kind of a dream crusher.

What this really looks like in the end is a multitouch pad alongside a MIDI keyboard. You play notes on the neck, apply effects in 2D using the touch pad.

I'm surprised it's MIDI only as well, especially since you'd think that USB parts would be much cheaper. Maybe he only uses hardware synths so USB for him doesn't fit his needs.

It looks like THE FUTURE... but sounds like a drive-thru speaker.
I'm sorry, but that thing sounds nasty. I would like one if they could make them sound better.
Ugh. Sounds awful like all guitar simulators.

It's a controller, folks. The sounds you are hearing are not created by the device you are seeing.

I'm surprised it's MIDI only as well, especially since you'd think that USB parts would be much cheaper. Maybe he only uses hardware synths so USB for him doesn't fit his needs.

MIDI is the right choice for this device. Keyboard players don't move around much on stage, but guitarists do. MIDI cables can be much longer (15m vs 3m) than USB cables. Also for USB you need a computer, with MIDI you don't; for live performance using a hardware synth is often preferred.

edit: also, USB parts are more expensive than MIDI, afaik

cheers.

I'd buy it if there was a way to hook it to a guitar pedal and an amp. I tried learning guitar. Everything is great about it except holding the strings makes my long fingers hurt. Here there are no strings which will give my fingers more comfort. Otherwise, no. I've never been into midi guitars since 2003. I'd rather be Rick Roll'd into this thing than research it out online.

It's a controller, folks. The sounds you are hearing are not created by the device you are seeing.

MIDI is the right choice for this device.

This x1000. Without MIDI this guitar would lose a huge portion of its value for the reasons analoq mentioned.

I am working with a local dude who is experimenting with 3D sequences for a live show of sorts. We are thinking of also getting a guitar hero guitar working through a midi adapter so I can rock out on my electric to the music, and he can solo through his synthesizer AND trigger the lighting (light solos! woohoo!)

THIS would take that to a whole new level...