OCR02030 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles Open Minds Like Bubbles"

dang it, now its gunna be even harder to choose which Donkey Kong Country remix is my favorite. thx a lot Ross XD.

but seriously this mix is so dang great I should do something about it. *grabs hand-cuffs* sorry Ross Kmet your under arrest for making the most awesome Stickerbrush remix I have ever heard.

Amazing, keep making more.

Re to whoever-

Because I want to state my opinion, don't get defensive. We're all here to post what we think. Not tryin' to start anything, it's just how I feel

You didn't state your opinion, you just posted something nasty and untrue about my song. You don't have to call it CRAP if you don't like it, not that I care if you like it, because regardless of if you do or not, it isn't CRAP, or SHIT, or POOP, or anything of the sort, it's someone's hard work. Post Accordingly.

You didn't state your opinion, you just posted something nasty and untrue about my song. You don't have to call it CRAP if you don't like it, not that I care if you like it, because regardless of if you do or not, it isn't CRAP, or SHIT, or POOP, or anything of the sort, it's someone's hard work. Post Accordingly.

Agreed.

"more techno crap. great" is not even directly stating an opinion, it's just whining.

People shouldn't get huffy and puffy about being able to "express their opinions" and "say what they think" when they can't form a cogent, track-specific comment.

1. Post on-topic reviews that specifically address the corresponding ReMix. Don't post generalized opinions like "I hated this game" or "Why are there so many techno remixes?" or "This is the only good mix in the last month". Your review should be specifically about that ReMix.

2. If you didn't like a particular mix, please refrain from using an insulting or offensive tone. It's okay to say you don't like a mix, wouldn't recommend a mix, would never listen to it again, etc., but making personal attacks or posting extreme and non-constructive reviews like "this sucks" etc. is not cool. Just try to keep things civil - again, this makes everyone's life easier.

Emphasis mine. Now that that's out of the way...

This wasn't at a first listen something I thought I'd like. Too much random synths that didn't feel like they fit together. That kind of variety of sounds is just too much for me (I sometimes think I did the same with Lacrima, tho I blame OA for that :D).

Then again, the soft parts of the mix are pretty, and there's a lot of them in the mix. The resonant metallic instrument at the end has a really cool sound. Ending is the coolest part of the mix thanks to that.

Okay then, if no one can say ANYTHING mean because the mods here seem to know what a perfect remix is, and I'm clearly just a moron, then whoops. The heck is happening to this once great website.

There was once a saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." That said and out of the way, it is useless to continue to whine after being quoted the rules in emphasis and shown you were wrong. If you have any further complaints over it, please keep it out of the thread as this is not the place for it.

You don't like this genre, oh well. If you had said something like, "I'm not a fan of all the techno crap that keeps getting posted. This is no exception," then the mods might not have railed into you like they did. Now you're just whining about the fact they called you out on whining.

To be on-topic, I liked this; it was a nice interpretation of the source. However, I still prefer Morse's take for it's sheer beauty. And that guitar solo... oohhhhhh...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when this was on the WIP board. I went ahead and downloaded it because I already liked it, and after leaving it on repeat for a while you start to realize it is just as "transporting" as the original was, though the original transported you to a sunny bramble patch and this one transports you to the bottom of a pool while thinking about a sunny bramble patch.

Nice work:smile:

I remember when this was on the WIP board. I went ahead and downloaded it because I already liked it

Same here. Really enjoyed this one. Even though it is a heavily remixed source, this track manages to take yet another direction on the Brambles tune. It's weird, it's quirky, I like it. Loving all the different elements combined within the track, especially the hint of dubstep. But overall, there's this sort of calming sense to it all, and that's exactly what the Brambles source is all about. Great work!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02030 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles Open Minds Like Bubbles"