Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2010: It's Over!

Ramaniscence

Moseph, eh? Hmm...I trust in you! Make an epic track, my good sir! *tips hat*

EDIT: After searching for Moseph over at ThaSauce and listening to his tracks from previous FBRCs, I have to say... no matter what he does, it will end up epic. So... I don't care what happens. Have a blast with this track! Regardless of the end result, I'll be happy. :nicework:

This is a really cool source. I'm probably going to go the orchestra route with it. I think the part at 0:28 could be made to sound something like Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man with interesting results.

Also, submissions to past People's ReMix Competitions, if you want to check out some of my other stuff that doesn't show up on ThaSauce:

Zanzibar Hamster (Metal Gear)

Fat Man Meets Magic Turtle (Mario Kart 64)

Odious Blue Chemicals (Live-A-Live)

(I'm actually in the process of reprogramming the Mario Kart one with VSL instruments instead of Reason for possible OCR submission.)

Aww, I feel lame that I missed the deadline for submitting a source (I spent too much time waffling). But I'm still excited to remix my track. ProjectSpam, I'll do my best to come up with something cool. I've definitely decided on either metal, or trance, or solo piano... OK OK I have no idea what genre it will be. ^_^; It will be a surprise!

Tell me what it is that you like about that tune. I thought the gameplay looked neat on youtube for that level. Neat what they did with the cannons. I didn't care for the tune so much since it was pretty much the same melody repeated, then modulated.

*sigh*

Another one of my FBRC picks goes unremixed... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. :'(

Tell me what it is that you like about that tune. I thought the gameplay looked neat on youtube for that level. Neat what they did with the cannons. I didn't care for the tune so much since it was pretty much the same melody repeated, then modulated.

I guess a fair bit of my love for that tune is rooted in nostalgia... I knew I submitted it that it was a bit of a repetitive source, but between the lead melody and the backing harmony parts, I think there's more than enough material to work with.

Ahh well. Guess I'll add that one to the ever-growing list of songs I have to remix myself, since no one else seems to want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

Is there anyone around here who could translate a text into Latin for me?

I just woke up and can barely move from spine pain, which will go away after I drhink my tea and my bones loosen up.. what did I miss.. you guys are talking like the list was released. :-P

My Challenge: Make something that clearly rocks... ROCK HARDER!!

First time I heard Snow's Theme, I thought it sounded already remixed.. so the best way to remix it would be to unremix it by turning it into Chiptune. :-o

Edit: Also, I've been looping my track. I'm not the most experienced musician, but this track is growing on me, and I think I'm starting to love it. So beautiful. I think I'll be looping it for the next few days. I'll try to make you proud, Brandon Strader!

Yeah, It's a very beautiful song. It's one of those songs that makes people forget to play the game and just sit there at whichever part of the village, listening to it. :-P I've done that... Good luck with it, sir ;-)

I've been waiting for a metal remix of that source for years, Brandon. I know you won't disappoint.

I'll do my best ;-)

You'd better exist, Neonlare...because I have never ever seen you before. :<

Also, Pharaoh Man, eh? Funny, I just tried to start a Pharaoh Man/Toad Man remix the other day. Lives were lost. And not just because of the plague.

SERIOUSLY Toad Man's weapon should've been Pharaoh Man's weakness. But whatever. I would've laughed, anyway.

I am very happy right now!

I am also very surprised my first choice was accepted instead of one of the more melodically-robust backups, but that just makes it more awesome!

Hooray!

btw to hoboka; I reread my explanation of the source and, well, writing it minutes before the deadline left something to be desired. There's a slight reprieve - break in the action - where you see a fallible side to Maya (able to give 100% to work, friends, and everything else... but at the otherwise-hidden expense of having a ridiculously messy room!) and this track comes on. So it's human, lighthearted, and peaceful. Just fyi/if you're curious!

ProjectSpam gots to hire three females, aged 18 to 25 to perform vocals. The London Philharmonic must also be brought in for a few orchestral snippets here and there. The ghost of Isaac Hayes will record a single dialogue line, namely "I wish I hadn't got on the tredmill that day." Two acoustic guitars, one fully made of wood, the other electric/acoustic. A bass guitar made from the remains of a cereal box. All of these elements combined will make a horrible song, but I'm really looking forward to what you come up with instead.

ProjectSpam gots to hire three females, aged 18 to 25 to perform vocals. The London Philharmonic must also be brought in for a few orchestral snippets here and there. The ghost of Isaac Hayes will record a single dialogue line, namely "I wish I hadn't got on the tredmill that day." Two acoustic guitars, one fully made of wood, the other electric/acoustic. A bass guitar made from the remains of a cereal box. All of these elements combined will make a horrible song, but I'm really looking forward to what you come up with instead.

Haha, yeeahhh! I'll definitely need to add all of those random pieces together...

I'm really excited to be working on this. I've got, uh, a somewhat unconventional 40 seconds of crap so far finished. But I like where it's going!

Nope, if you read your email, it states the following.

Should you accept your challenge, songs will be due AUGUST 07 2010, 11:59 PM PST. When you have successfully finished your initial challenge (a COMPLETED and QUALITY remix), please upload your song using the form at http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/FBRC2010. You will need a ThaSauce account in order to do so (you may sign up using the form here: http://thasauce.net/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user). If you have completed your quality remix and would like to have a second song challenged to you, please respond to this email after uploading your first completed challenge.