One Winged Angel - BadAzz

This is one of the most difficult songs I've ever picked to remix, but I felt it was time to tackle one of the true game music icons in celebration/relief that my album is finally finished - and what better than Sephiroth's battle music?

The mix itself is even harder than C.H.E.E.T.A.H. and follows more closely to Justice's sound than anything else I've done.

...You've been warned.

link:

http://prototyperaptor.bandcamp.com/track/ffvii-badazz

I'm pretty much done with the track unless someone has serious issues with it... next stop, judges!

peace

-PR

Personally, I am not very fond of it.

Didn't capture the essence of his overpowering evil or his persona in general, doesn't have any colors of FF VII present IMO.

The beats are kind of over-repetitive as well.

BUT HEY, it's great sound! Very well put together all in all, and don't care much for what I say, I don't like this genre generally so.. never mind ;)

I do not at all understand why people feel that remixes need to have these things

Well, how to say.. the original themes were made around the character, the situation, the climax, all depth lies within all this.. When it's done 180 degrees away from the original, it may seem comical in parts, which kind of ruins the mood and the theme in itself. At least that's what I think.

Didn't capture the essence of his overpowering evil or his persona in general, doesn't have any colors of FF VII present IMO.

dang, that's kinda what I was hoping to do.

something sort of like a "what if" scenario - still Sephiroth, just put in a different place/time

anyway, I can respect that, can't win 'em all...

thanks for listening regardless

I'm torn between this and 'the end', but what am I sayin this isn't a competition. This mix kicks a whole lot of ass. For me if I was lookin at this in terms of the original, it still kinda has a dark feel to it kinda like a more urban, evil Sephiroth. This doesn't sound repetitive to me at all, it sounds "right" I don't think the judges would have any problems passing this, if they do it would only be because of the "repetition" which I don't really notice. Great shit PR you'll have to reveal some of your secrets as to how to get a mix so damn loud. I'm gonna be afraid to work on any of my music as they won't pump nearly as loud lol xD.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party, but I just had to comment on this.

This sounds "big" even before the beats kick in. I definitely feel the Justice influence, and also at 1:53 the organ is very reminiscent of Deadmau5's Ghosts 'n' Stuff. This is very compressed but it still sounds so clean.