Harmony of a Hunter - The Metroid 25th Anniversary album

Darren1986

Btw Darren1986, were you aware of the existence of this project?

Even if your goal is slightly different, it's always good to know what else is out there on the same subject.

(not to mention previous Metroid OCR projects as well)

Anyway, Metroid is a no-brainer when it comes to game music and remixing, so the list should fill up pretty quickly.

The hard part will be getting all these tracks done in your timeframe. Good luck with this one. :)

Btw Darren1986, were you aware of the existence of this project?

Even if your goal is slightly different, it's always good to know what else is out there on the same subject.

(not to mention previous Metroid OCR projects as well)

Anyway, Metroid is a no-brainer when it comes to game music and remixing, so the list should fill up pretty quickly.

The hard part will be getting all these tracks done in your timeframe. Good luck with this one. :)

I'm aware of the project. I'm also aware what has been released before.

I am hopeful that this will be done in time. Thanks for the support!

I'm fairly certain you have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm fairly certain, I do know.

You disappoint me very much! You create amazing tracks but this comment is way beneath an adequate level. Thank you for proving my point that some users are quite arrogant here...

I only use Reason... :nicework:

Then please support me in improving my mastering skills and my deficits in creating better sounds and stuff.

@Darren:

As already mentioned in the mail, I'd love to do the Artifact Temple track similar to my Tallon Overworld remix. First, I wanted to do a Brinstar Red trance mix but it is reserved already.

If the Chozo Ruins mix is still half free half reserved, I'd like to do a mix combining Artifacts and this theme.

If you rather want a trance mix by me, in which I am better as you might notice in my The Last Story trance remix, I'd do Brinstar NES in trance.

You decide. xD

Please let us move on from this pointless bickering and remember why we're posting here please! Thanks!

Aries if you're on for Artifact Temple then consider it reserved. I'm sure you can incorporate a bit of Chozo Ruins into it without causing much of a fuss :) I like the idea! I am guessing it will mostly be Artifact Temple though right?

Neblix I can't believe I didn't even think of Rundas sooner! That's an excellent suggestion I shall add it to the list at once! :) Do you have any way I can contact you via messenger and e-mail?

An updated list can now be found on the first page of this thread and will be updated as new tracks are suggested and reserved.

@neblix:

Oh yeah! :nicework:

@Darren:

Reserve the Brinstar NES for me, I'll do a short trance remix for this, too.

Can you add the Thardus theme of Metroid Prime to the list? Another epic track. Too epic for me because my equipment is not good enough for the remix I have in mind. However, someone else might be interested.

@neblix:

Oh yeah! :nicework:

@Darren:

Reserve the Brinstar NES for me, I'll do a short trance remix for this, too.

Can you add the Thardus theme of Metroid Prime to the list? Another epic track. Too epic for me because my equipment is not good enough for the remix I have in mind. However, someone else might be interested.

I personally feel Thardus isn't as popular as the ones i've already listed, unless someone else thinks otherwise I shall leave it out for now. I've made some changes to the Fusion and Other M suggestions. I've reserved Brinstar for you, and soon I will be asking for WiP's from everyone to see who is able. I'll be fair..no WiP, someone else can take it over.

Metroid Fusion - Secotr 4 Underwater Area. I was planning to remix this track for a personal project, but I'd like to help mark the occasion. If I change my mind or I get too busy, I'll drop it, but I'd like to claim it for now :)

GAH! I thought I already put a reserve on this one.. someone was talking to me last night about doing this one, really sorry. Is there another track you'd like?

Hey there Darren. This is Mutilator900 from YT. I didn't want to use that name because I made it such a long time ago and I couldn't change it on YT so I went with my Newgrounds name.

Anyways, I'd like to take a go at the Ending Suite so reserve that one for me!

Hey there Darren. This is Mutilator900 from YT. I didn't want to use that name because I made it such a long time ago and I couldn't change it on YT so I went with my Newgrounds name.

Anyways, I'd like to take a go at the Ending Suite so reserve that one for me!

Wow you sure? I'm expecting big things for this one dude =P

If my potential take on "Secrets of the Chozo" is a problem, I can give it to OverCoat and prophetik. Or we can collab all together. :)

I think considering you confirmed it first, it should be you that decides what happens. I was talking to Overcoat last night and suggested he could work on a couple of other tracks instead. Work on Kanden for now and then we can decide what happens after that, is my advice.

I think considering you confirmed it first, it should be you that decides what happens. I was talking to Overcoat last night and suggested he could work on a couple of other tracks instead. Work on Kanden for now and then we can decide what happens after that, is my advice.

Okay, boss! :wink: But consider OverCoat is a posted mixer, while I'm not. We can collab too if everyone's okay with that. I'll work on Kanden for now, we'll see later. :)

Okay, boss! :wink: But consider OverCoat is a posted mixer, while I'm not. We can collab too if everyone's okay with that. I'll work on Kanden for now, we'll see later. :)

Absolutely! But you did reach it first, in the interest of fairness.. I propose a fight to the death! ;) Or, if you can't produce something by the WiP end date (February 28th), Overcoat gets it.

Have you thought about allowing multiple people to claim the same source? It could result in differing takes of the same song that are interesting.

I did consider it but my focus is trying to get a wide range of people covering as many themes as possible. Perhaps once we have a final list of songs that have been taken, people can remix them also. More Metroid music in the world can only be a good thing!

I'm really quite amazed at how many people have decided to go for this, it means a lot! Thanks guys! :)

Seems I find myself potentially onboard another OCR album! Happy to apply some tunage however you need, Darren. If there's nothing in specific in choice from the remaining list or style, I'll get tinkering on something next week. Until then, belated Happy New Year to you all and kick some musical tail.

I hope you'll be a great addition to the album. Thanks for getting back to me on it :) The list is merely suggestions but it's grown/shrunk depending on what fits and what was suitable. I think we're about three quarters there...I just need to see some more Fusion, Metroid Prime 2 and Other M love before I decide on a final list. I want to ensure these games get covered nicely.

As much as I like Other M's soundtrack at points, there's so little of it that's actually remixable by common standards.

I mean I can throw some glissandos at you (those string EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs) and put some random drum bangs in there, but I don't think that's what you're looking for : p

If you can set me up for a tenative Temple Grounds.

Being the Emperor Ing himself, I need to show my titular game some love.

If I have time that is.