VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Another neat show, I am sure :) There's definitely more content than previously stated, and so I'm sure to cast in my much delayed vote in the matter.

BTW Cyan, Animal Crossing is on the GameCube. If I was referring to Wild World on the DS (which indeed had most of K.K.'s songs transferred towards said platform), I'd be showing a top screen AND a touch screen in the same topic. :P

Dammit, Dj Redlight is male. He is not female. Call him Ash instead.

:lmassoff: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Best flub ever.

Conan: Get used to it. That's our new intro.

Snooper: Pix plz!

EDIT: Abadoss, if you see this... What in the world are you talking about in that voicemail of yours? We roll the die once for each show. Each of us chooses one mix we wanna hear. There are six possibilities. 2/6 = 1/3 = 0.3333333333... Maybe that whole thing was an elaborate joke, but it kinda sounded like you were serious about your math? :P

I have my 1st day of work tomorrow and can't stay up late like usual, so here's hoping the new episode comes out before I have to go to bed...

You have about 2 hours. :wink:

Sorry, dude. We never release until midnight on a Sunday, since the shows are intended for Monday listening. ^_~

Is this a good time to be pedantic and say that midnight on a Sunday was 24 hours ago? :P

Its Tuesday here too, Anyway its all good as the yanks tend to be behind the rest of us :P

Seriously I canna wait to listen to the cast at work in the AM...

Night all, pleasnt dreams and other such stuff

That's how you knew? Him being a shtyjdgfgt counted for nothing?

What does Zircon being a Poopie-Judge-cigarette (smoking not endorsed, in any way, by Joker) have to do with him bing gay?

Bing gay?

zwmiro.jpg

<3

dammit jill go to bed

Jesus, Doug. You stalker! I JUST posted that. ^_^

hahaha it was funny cause we both said we're going to bed in irc but we certainly didn't

to clear something up:

I used to go under the name of V_gasm, which was chosen because of a minimum 4 letter nickname requirement. Due to lameness, I decided to change my name to my prefered 'V' and to fill up the space i put in underscores as they appear somewhat invisible. So its not 'V underscore x3', its just a simple 'V' (said 'Vee') and no longer V_gasm. Just had to clear that up

mate

oh and the Aussie meetup looks like its gonna happen x3.

to clear something up:

I used to go under the name of V_gasm, which was chosen because of a minimum 4 letter nickname requirement. Due to lameness, I decided to change my name to my prefered 'V' and to fill up the space i put in underscores as they appear somewhat invisible. So its not 'V underscore x3', its just a simple 'V' (said 'Vee') and no longer V_gasm. Just had to clear that up

mate

oh and the Aussie meetup looks like its gonna happen x3.

tee hee, I kind of figured that it was just V.

However I really do enjoy saying "Veeunderscoreunderscoreunderscore"

:D

Dun da da dun dun dun dunnnnnnn! Presenting pixietricks' thousandth post on OCR...

VGDJ episode #041 (1st anniversary episode) has been released at WWW.VGDJ.NET!

We had a blast with you guys! Keep in mind that this show was recorded live with all our guests at the meetup, so there are a lot of wind noises etc. I think we pulled off the editing pretty well, considering the circumstances. ^_~ Anyway, here are the pics!

46.jpg

Cyan_Ide and zircon protesting the traditional "pyramid" pose, much to the dismay of pixietricks.

47.jpg

Deciding on a better pose...

48.jpg

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. That works!

49.jpg

It's "VGDJ" with hand symbols! Or, it was supposed to be anyway..

50.jpg

NICE WORK! Back row (left to right): Jerry, Jose the Bronx Rican, bustatunez, Dave (Rudilcaper). Middle row: pixietricks, Asif, Paul Levering, Paul Owens, Merk, zircon, gamerscalling, Cyan_Ide, Joel. Front row: Random person that was just passing by and wanted to be in the picture.

51.jpg

Passing by a game store in Center City.

53.jpg

Lunchtime at Liberty Place as we decide our plans for the rest of the day.

54.jpg

Setting up for the recording of the show at Rittenhouse Square.

55.jpg

Yay nature!

56.jpg

We're good to go.

57.jpg

Half of our live audience.

58.jpg

And the other half!

59.jpg

Interviewing someone for the first part of the show.

60.jpg

Asif picking up some footage for the PLAY documentary.

61.jpg

The hosts checking the recordings in-between sections.

62.jpg

Interviewing Paul & Paul.

63.jpg

Paul Levering looking very producerly!

64.jpg

"Uh.. was that cable not connected?"

65.jpg

Enjoying a laugh at the expense of random strangers and their dogs.

66.jpg

Woot!

67.jpg

Jose was the only one with an OCR shirt (we had 3 VGDJ shirts though).

68.jpg

Doesn't he sort of look like a dark version of ShonenSamurai..?

69.jpg

A "20 minute wait" at Olive Garden. Yeah, sure, OK.

70.jpg

Yep, aaaannnytime now..

71.jpg

bustatunez describing an interesting encounter at the Game Developers Conference.

72.jpg

bustatunez & Merk (finally, seated!)

73.jpg

gamerscalling & Cyan_Ide

74.jpg

The crew of PLAY: Paul L, Asif, Paul O

75.jpg

Intently watching a preview from PLAY!

76.jpg

VGDJ: Kills Emo Podcasts Dead.

77.jpg

Merk's dorm. He has good taste, eh?

78.jpg

The thrill of forum moderation!!! It is is so exhilarating!

79.jpg

AIM-yelling at Rama for being late with the report. Tsk tsk tsk.

80.jpg

zircon, Merk, and bustatunez chillin' after dinner at Merk's place.

81.jpg

The whole mobile recording thing sounds good in theory, but the amount of wires, connectors, and adapters required was a bit overwhelming.

82.jpg

Cousins...?

83.jpg

A late-night snack at "Scoop de Ville", the only thing apparently open after 5pm in Philadephia.

84.jpg

Merk and gamerscalling gaze in fascination at bustatunez and his ice cream.

85.jpg

VGDJ repreZENT!

86.jpg

zircon and pixietricks expressing their frustration at their inability to get a good shot.

87.jpg

This one speaks for itself ;)

88.jpg

A Mary Poppins-esque jump on the walkway towards zircon's dorm.

89.jpg

bustatunez with +1 glasses at zircon's dorm.

90.jpg

bustatunez giving GeoffreyTaucer's a run for his money with a Splinter Cell style wall climb.

91.jpg

The remainder of the meetup, ready to go to sleep at 3AM in zircon's dorm.. starting with bustatunez.

92.jpg

Cyan_Ide and gamerscalling are KO'd.

93.jpg

Hard at work Sunday getting the shownotes and such together, as pixietricks does some serious editing.

WE LOVE YOU ALL!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!