Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

this competition is basically halloween costumes for our posts

also, I don't know if this matters or if I'm supposed to post it here or what, but we've decided that I am going to be remixing first for our team

I'm gonna wait and see the willy themes first. I've remixed some of them before so would be hard to do them again.

Due to various real life conflicts, the Bad Guy Robots have a tentative mixer order for the first three rounds - Brandon first, then me, then HL (assuming that's fine with everyone involved).

Though, this would depend on what days between the 29th and November 19th that Ben would be unavailable :?

Third round sounds fine to me. Anything but Skyward Sword week. :<

Darke, rules clarification question: the first post mentions that "each mixer must mix a round before there can be repeats". So I understand we each must take a turn within the first 3 rounds before we can go again, but does that mean we each must go every 3 weeks? For example, if after each team member has gone, could theoretically mixer X go on Round 4, mixer Y go on Round 5, and mixer X go again Round 6 before mixer Z went again. Or does each mixer have to go every 3 weeks in some order?

Also do we need to post our mixing order like some other teams have done or is that unnecessary? Thanks!

Unlurking to give an example (which I hope is right), because I would not want to see any of the excellent artists here disqualified or otherwise discouraged because of a misinterpretation.

Team Metool has remixers A, B, and C.

First week: A, B, and C are all available to be primary remixers. Team Metool chooses B. Remixer A and C can also help out B, but not by doing the majority of the work.

Second week: A and C are available to be primary remixers. B is not allowed to be the primary remixer again until the fourth week, but he can help out the others until then. Team Metool chooses A. Remixers B and C can still help out.

Third week: Only C is available to be the primary remixer. Both A and B have taken a turn, but they can help out C this week.

Fourth week: A, B, and C are all available to be primary remixers again, since everyone on the team has gone once so far. Team Metool chooses C for the second week in a row. This is fine and dandy, but C won't be able to again be the primary remixer until the seventh week. A and B are, as always, welcome to help every week.

etc...

Actually, it looks like SuperiorX's example is a little different: "All team members must remix for a round before there can be repeats" suggests that a legal order would be A, B, C, A, A.

No, that's not correct at all. :whatevaa:

Seriously guys it's not difficult:

First three weeks, everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Next three weeks, everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Three more weeks? Everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Etc.

Why don't you guys worry about this stuff when we actually start and ask these questions when we get there? All these hypothetical situations are just going to increase confusion. Just relax, familiarize yourselves with your Robot Master themes, play around in Photoshop, and wait until Saturday.

First three weeks, everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Next three weeks, everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Three more weeks? Everyone has to mix once. Order doesn't matter.

Etc.

Great thanks Darke. That's all I was wondering. The instructions specified everyone had to go once before repeats, but didn't specify for the subsequent rounds. We were just trying to plan around personal schedules, so that info helps. Thanks.

Unlurking to give an example (which I hope is right), because I would not want to see any of the excellent artists here disqualified or otherwise discouraged because of a misinterpretation.

Team Metool has remixers A, B, and C.

First week: A, B, and C are all available to be primary remixers. Team Metool chooses B. Remixer A and C can also help out B, but not by doing the majority of the work.

Second week: A and C are available to be primary remixers. B is not allowed to be the primary remixer again until the fourth week, but he can help out the others until then. Team Metool chooses A. Remixers B and C can still help out.

Third week: Only C is available to be the primary remixer. Both A and B have taken a turn, but they can help out C this week.

Fourth week: A, B, and C are all available to be primary remixers again, since everyone on the team has gone once so far. Team Metool chooses C for the second week in a row. This is fine and dandy, but C won't be able to again be the primary remixer until the seventh week. A and B are, as always, welcome to help every week.

etc...

Okay, wait, so now each mixer has to choose a letter of the alphabet?

Does everyone have to pick either A, B, or C, or can someone pick J or Q?

Does the selected letter need to be unique among all other participants in the competition, or just among other team members?

Does it need to be from the Latin alphabet? What about a letter in the Greek alphabet? Or a Kanji character?

Can it be a number instead? If so, does it need to be a whole number or can they use fractions? What about negative numbers? Is there a limit to how high or low the number can be?

I guess I'm just really confused by this whole thing. Why'd you have to make everything so complicated, Darke? :?

Okay, wait, so now each mixer has to choose a letter of the alphabet?

Does everyone have to pick either A, B, or C, or can someone pick J or Q?

Does the selected letter need to be unique among all other participants in the competition, or just among other team members?

Does it need to be from the Latin alphabet? What about a letter in the Greek alphabet? Or a Kanji character?

Can it be a number instead? If so, does it need to be a whole number or can they use fractions? What about negative numbers? Is there a limit to how high or low the number can be?

I guess I'm just really confused by this whole thing. Why'd you have to make everything so complicated, Darke? :?

You pick a team of three.

You each go once in a three week rotation.

What is so hard about this, guys?