Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

:o

That's one of my favorite remixes, and you wish he'd made something else instead?!?!?

Mazedude is just about the most creative guy on the site... so glad he made that weirdo Wily remix.

Seriously!! Idk what the hell you mean "I wish he'd done something else with his time"... something's seriously wrong with you if you don't enjoy the genius of that remix. It's a source that lasts about 5 seconds in total, then modulates and repeats; molding into something of that listening caliber is quite the task. SUCH a good mix, and you're saying you'd rather it didn't even come into existence?!

177.jpg

You can get wubs with simple filters. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you just asking how to make wubs or what else you can add to a wub bass to make it "decent"?

The decent part.

I don't have sampler, analog or the other synthesizer program for Ableton, so I'm basically limited to Simpler (uber basic sampler) for it. I can get it to wobble, but it doesn't have that "punch" that I try to get. It sounds weak.

Yknow, when the bass drops on your standard dubstep track, the wobble bass usually is the "punch your subwoofer out" type feel, but I can't seem to get it to do that.

(I've kind of abandoned the dubstep idea, in favor of something more hip-hop, but the advice is still appreciated :) )

The decent part.

I don't have sampler, analog or the other synthesizer program for Ableton, so I'm basically limited to Simpler (uber basic sampler) for it. I can get it to wobble, but it doesn't have that "punch" that I try to get. It sounds weak.

Yknow, when the bass drops on your standard dubstep track, the wobble bass usually is the "punch your subwoofer out" type feel, but I can't seem to get it to do that.

(I've kind of abandoned the dubstep idea, in favor of something more hip-hop, but the advice is still appreciated :) )

Comb filter.

Formant filter.

Overdrive/distortion.

Do it!

Why thank you.

I'll get back to you once I figure out how to do that :/

My song has gone from: folk to dubstep to hiphop to some kind of creepy sample heavy electronica.

im gonna lose this competition kthxbai

Hah, sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass. :P

Search youtube for "icosahedron dubstep bass"

That's a pretty solid tutorial of a guy making an above-average dubstep bass from scratch, and he explains every step from init to final product. Very helpful. The only problem is he does it on zebra2. If you don't have zebra2, it's still a good video because so much is explained rather than just shown.

Just a tip about dubstep/aggressive-in-general basses for FL Studio users who don't have Massive.

Use Harmless. (or Harmor if you're rich)

Seriously. I use it for EVERYTHING.

This. Absolutely. Harmless is my go-to bassline synth, and I'm starting to get my head wrapped around the incredible depth that is Harmor as well. Fantastic synths.

Hah, sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass. :P

Search youtube for "icosahedron dubstep bass"

That's a pretty solid tutorial of a guy making an above-average dubstep bass from scratch, and he explains every step from init to final product. Very helpful. The only problem is he does it on zebra2. If you don't have zebra2, it's still a good video because so much is explained rather than just shown.

Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that :P

I just need to figure out how to do that :P

And Neblix: too bad I use Ableton. :(

Voting rules haven't been posted yet, but in the past, one of the criteria has been how well the mix arranges both source tunes.

In preparation, I present your lazy man's compendium of source tunage for week 1.

Bad Guy Robots from Mega Man - Brandon Strader -

Block Rockman Beats - halc -

Blue Bomber Brotherhood - Sir_NutS -

Cold Steel - Main Finger -

Dr. Light's Luminosity Legion - Lidawg -

Energy Tank - zach72 - Fire Man

The Beat Busters - AMT -

The Concrete Men - Jason Covenant -

The Gentlemaster's Club - Zerothemaster - Search Man

The Hard Men - chthonic -

The Mega Ballers - SuperiorX -

The Skull Men - LuketheXjesse -

and, of course,

My ears eagerly await Saturday's goodies.

Searchman is one of my favorite underrated Robot Master themes. Whomever has him better not disappoint.

hi.

I'm slowly discovering that this theme HATES ME. God, trying to track the thing in midi... its almost impossible >.<

Needless to say, there'll be more Wily than Search theme in mine. I love his theme, but man, it's a cruel beastie.

hi.

I'm slowly discovering that this theme HATES ME. God, trying to track the thing in midi... its almost impossible >.<

Needless to say, there'll be more Wily than Search theme in mine. I love his theme, but man, it's a cruel beastie.

I was actually really surprised ANYBODY picked Search Man; it's a pretty complex theme. Not that I didn't think anyone could do it, it's just a rough one to analyze. That and Cold Man... And both were picked. Both great themes, but pretty complex in nature. Good luck, fellas. At least one of you has bourbon on their side ;)