Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Prologue! unts unts unts

The Grand Robot Master Royal Battles - Chapter One

Many months passed with WillRock on the throne. On this particular day, he had managed to finish building the biggest spaceship ever, and it had only put one country into poverty. Soon enough, he'd be able to put his Grand Robot Master Plan into action, and he'd even written it out on his Macbook Pro for future reference. Soon, he'd have his weapons built, and then nothing would stand in his way.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle, Jewbei and AMT, two royal guards, were filing away this said document on a memory stick as backup. This was done on WillRocks orders because he was king, and backing up files was far beyond a kings job.

"Ok my man, here are the top secret files... Its the file called "Top Secret Nuclear Weapons Building Plan" said Jewbei.

"Can We open it?" asked AMT. "I'd love t' read a top secret document, aye I would"

"No way man!" Shouted Jewbei. "We ain't allowed to read top secret documents, King WillRock would pop a cap in our asses! Lets just put this sucker on a mem stick and get the fuck outta here"

"Ahoy, whats this! "TOP SECRET: T' true heir t' t' throne o' MegaRock". Me bucko, I've gotta read this, that idiot we be callin' a kin' be a disgrace t' t' world!!!

Jewbei Protested, but AMT opened the file, and what they read inside made their oil turn cold.

"Holy shit, DarkeSword has a little BRO? Dude, don't you realize what this means?"

"That bilge rat shouldn't be kin' away, I say we deck him an' crown neblix."

However, at that point, halc, WillRock's right hand man walked in.

"What the hell are you idiots doing?"

"Shit dude, lets get outta here!" cried Jewbei.

"Aye Aye!"

And off they ran.

halc went to look at the macbook....

halc slowly made his way to the throne room. He wasn't sure what to think. Not only had Jewbei and AMT found out a terrible secret that would mean WillRock was no longer king, but he'd let them get away. They were probably on their way to find Neblix right now.

He slowly approached WillRocks Throne. halc waited behind the throne for WillRock to face him.

"This had better be good. I have told you not to bother me when i'm in my throne room."

"Sire, AMT and Jewbei were snooping in the Top Secrets folder. They had a opened a document that said Neblix was the true heir to the throne, he's DarkeSwords little brother!"

WillRock turned his throne around. One half of his face was obscured by shadow, but there was no mistaking the look in his eye, or the danger in his voice when he next spoke.

"You're quite... sure?" he said softly. He stood up, his eyes widening. "And I assume you have Dealt with AMT and Jewbei?"

"Well sire, they... they got away"

WillRock grabbed halc by his 9-bit neck. "What do you mean they got away?!?!?!! If this gets out, a rebellion shall start! Tell nutritious to send out armies to every town and village, keep them self contained! Any Robot attempts to leave, his village is to be destroyed, do you understand? As for you... I want you to go to the Southern Peak where Neblix resides... and you are to destroy him."

"Yes Sir... You can trust me to get hold of the boy"

"I trust you to await what will happen to you if you fail!"

And WillRock chucked halc out of the throne room. halc, in a heap on the floor, picked himself up and started to make his way out of the castle.

He would make his way to the Southern Peak, and destroy Neblix. If anyone got in his way... he would destroy them too.

TO BE CONTINUED

Mhm, good choice for the first Wily. Eventually, when I have time, I'm going to have to look through who all is participating this round. Should be exciting!

Also, this means we'll be getting more remixes of fewer Wily themes. It's a very valid and fair and cool way to go at it. But I kinda wish we'd get to see samples from a few more than 6 (since last I heard, the 3rd round was not for sure) or even 9. Not a big concern though. Just means we probably won't see more than 1 wily theme from any one game, and even then, we won't touch one of the games.

Still very excited.

My tune is at least good in theory, I just need to get the execution down.

Anyone know how to make a decent wobble bass in ableton using only simpler? Any assistance is appreciated.

I can't give you Ableton advice, but general synth techniques you should use are detuning, unison, and LFO on the filter (changing the LFO speed changes the speed of the wubs. lowering the frequency knob and upping the resonance will increase the intensity of the wubs). Tune it down low and use saws at your leisure.

But I kinda wish we'd get to see samples from a few more than 6 (since last I heard, the 3rd round was not for sure) or even 9. Not a big concern though. Just means we probably won't see more than 1 wily theme from any one game, and even then, we won't touch one of the games.
I'm kind of hoping MM2 is omitted. There are about 50 billion remixes of stages 1-2, and stages 3-4 have perhaps the worst music of any Mega Man game ever from a remixing perspective.

Also, don't forget the other games in the series! The Game Boy games and Mega Man: The Wily Wars have some excellent Wily themes that should be viable candidates as well.

But yeah, there are a lot more than 9 great Wily themes, so I too hope that this goes well so we have a repeat of this event.

I'm going to pick the Wily Themes that I want to pick. :whatevaa:

DarkePWN!!

Obviously Darke's not going to pick any SHITTY themes (tough ones maybe, but even Wily2 from MM2 can be made into something badass, as can be witnessed by Mazedude's "Wily Malfunction"), not that there are any in Mega Man to begin with (*cough* CLOWN MAN *cough*), so just bask in the delightful glory of whatever music is chosen, and remix the piss out of it. I wanna hear some sexy musix from ever'bahdeh

Anyone know how to make a decent wobble bass in ableton using only simpler? Any assistance is appreciated.

You can get wubs with simple filters. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you just asking how to make wubs or what else you can add to a wub bass to make it "decent"?

And I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to transition into a timpani solo in a progressive neo-polka death metaltronica remix while maintaining a jazz ballet organ quartet feel to it. Well, any suggestions?

Lol. And once again we are reminded that the sole purpose of these compos is to create Mega Man mixes for Darke's listening pleasure :smile:

Um, yeah, about that. I'm not quite clear on your whole master plan, Darke...

Step 1. Collect Mega Man remixes.

Step 2. ?????????

Step 3. Take over the world.

When will Step 2 be revealed?