So... Dubstep?

Shadow Wolf

THIS THIS IS THE SONG :)

Wow and win for BGC.

I'm a canadian retarded cause people here all hate dubstep. Maybe 1/10 person would listen to it.

I Just plain love dubstep. But it is varied and I prefer it with less wub and more chord lead stuff.

And yes it's hard to produce a good dubstep track cause it's easy to kill the track with wub.

EDIT: Btw I bought the BGC nostalgia digital. IT's awesome.

My musical heart will always belong to primarily variants of electronic music, fusion, video game music, and all shades in between. IDM, electro, d'n'b, chillwave, and dubstep all still manage to appeal to me in a similar way... the fact that it has a beat, and presents a new idea. Musicality and mood is really important, the most fundamentally important to it's tone, but I never get motivated by folk or rock the same way.

I've heard bad dubstep, but I've heard way way more good dubstep. Generally speaking, the quickly changing effects are rarely going to challenge me as much as agree with me.

THIS THIS IS THE SONG :)

Wow and win for BGC.

I'm a canadian retarded cause people here all hate dubstep. Maybe 1/10 person would listen to it.

I Just plain love dubstep. But it is varied and I prefer it with less wub and more chord lead stuff.

And yes it's hard to produce a good dubstep track cause it's easy to kill the track with wub.

EDIT: Btw I bought the BGC nostalgia digital. IT's awesome.

Thanks! :)

Mick really tore up that mix, he is a beast! And he did that in like 2 days or something crazy like that. The man is a machine!

I won't lie that I've been studying the genre to bate for listeners with another entry in a flooded genre with my name on it.

What I have trouble with is so much of the genre devotes itself to the bass and beats, what about the rest of the accompaniment? I'm able to get the bass and drums to work, but I'm still pretty far off from a convincing Dubstep track and I'm not sure what I'm missing. It's never impossible to hear anything else going on in there but a bunch of FX wankery and I have little idea how to do any of that.

I found a couple tutorials on stuff I'll look at later, but could anyone be so kind to point me in some direction there? Yes, I've Googled, I have horrible luck finding stuff like that on my own.

I won't lie that I've been studying the genre to bate for listeners with another entry in a flooded genre with my name on it.

What I have trouble with is so much of the genre devotes itself to the bass and beats, what about the rest of the accompaniment? I'm able to get the bass and drums to work, but I'm still pretty far off from a convincing Dubstep track and I'm not sure what I'm missing. It's never impossible to hear anything else going on in there but a bunch of FX wankery and I have little idea how to do any of that.

I found a couple tutorials on stuff I'll look at later, but could anyone be so kind to point me in some direction there? Yes, I've Googled, I have horrible luck finding stuff like that on my own.

All you need is to find so sort of glitchy tricky thing or glitch the song. You could add warpped synth chorded synth with backing pad in all alone. Clearing sound to make the pad alone is a nice effect and can lead to chord lead synth or stuff other than bass. Otherwise I'm no good at writing a good track. I'm just good to add bass and weird fx that don't fit ^^.

I like the sounds.

the tunes though? i just can't keep em in my head.

i haven't heard a dubstep tune i'd call 'catchy'.

not sayin music has to be catchy...but when i listen to hours of stuff and nothing sticks in me ear...meh.

might as well be listening to chillout zone.

i'm sure it's awesome for just going spastic in a crowd.

from a creative perspective, most of it just feels bland.

i can't help but think that someone took one single tune from some IDM album he particularily liked and decided to construct a genre around it.

it doesn't sound all the same, but it sounds like the same idea mostly.

Most of today's popular dubstep is melodically conservative and harmonically overindulgent. The bass really does just play as an counterpart to the rhythm most of the time.

However guys in mainland Europe (most artists comes from UK or North America) seem to be changing the dubstep game with more catchy stuff like

or
. I think these are definite keepers. If you can get past the wubwubs and random sounds you can hear a better progression in melody through the tracks. The breakdown of Ninur at 2:27 is ace.

For the aggressive stuff, Shock One's works are the only ones I can listen to - like Adachigahara's Theme. For the mellow stuff, only Burial has been consistent. Mind you, I think I'm getting a bit old because breakcore and Bristol techno doesn't appeal to me like it once did.

This thread made me aware that klaypex is a newcomer WINNER. I had nerver heard from this guy but now I'm in love. This is AWEsome.

I had already listened to xilent and savant (BY the way they own everything they are just too hot these two with their track.), but this thread made me learn off other dubsteper.

And by the way, I made this: http://soundcloud.com/rockos-1/death-of-paris-connect-the

That dubstep guns video is a golden idea; it plays right to what's popular now and does it well. Dubstep is like any other genre; there's a lot of generic sounding rock, rap, trance, house, soundtrack, and dubstep stuff out there. Takes talent to stick out from the rest.

It's a cool development though which seems to have more crossover appeal as "instrumental music" than some other electronic genres. If done well it's more than just slapping a 4x4 kick on something with an off beat 4x4 synth bass and calling it a techno remix.

Here's a new track I'm working on, a GoldenEye/Bond "dubstep" remix. Dubstep or not?

http://www.solesignalmusic.com/remixes/solesignal_AfterHourMartini2011preview.mp3

Most of today's popular dubstep is melodically conservative and harmonically overindulgent. The bass really does just play as an counterpart to the rhythm most of the time.

However guys in mainland Europe (most artists comes from UK or North America) seem to be changing the dubstep game with more catchy stuff like

or
. I think these are definite keepers. If you can get past the wubwubs and random sounds you can hear a better progression in melody through the tracks. The breakdown of Ninur at 2:27 is ace.

haha, ok this is fun (Ninur). it doesn't completely amaze me from a tunesmith perspective but it's hella entertaining and varied.

actually has an ocr sound to it...sounds like a bedroom nerd producer taking what he understands to be a dance genre and going batshit insane with it.

^^

That dubstep guns video is a golden idea; it plays right to what's popular now and does it well. Dubstep is like any other genre; there's a lot of generic sounding rock, rap, trance, house, soundtrack, and dubstep stuff out there. Takes talent to stick out from the rest.

It's a cool development though which seems to have more crossover appeal as "instrumental music" than some other electronic genres. If done well it's more than just slapping a 4x4 kick on something with an off beat 4x4 synth bass and calling it a techno remix.

Here's a new track I'm working on, a GoldenEye/Bond "dubstep" remix. Dubstep or not?

http://www.solesignalmusic.com/remixes/solesignal_AfterHourMartini2011preview.mp3

It could be dubstep cause dubstep doesn't always mean halftime snare. But in this case, u got more element of electro/house than dubstep. So I'd call it electro/house.

Klaypex.

Klaypex #1:

Klaypex #2:

The kick-ass video that leads everyone to discover Klaypex:

I'm amateur at music making. I tried to make dubstep twice, and failed miserably. It's HARD.

This. A thousand times over.

The tough part about making dubstep is that the production has to be almost spotless.