Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02410 - Suikoden 'Days Long Passed, Seldom Remembered'

13 posts in this topic

With a soft melody and a pleasing sound, This one will find it's way into my calming playlist for a long time to come.

Very well done.

Fantastic mix. Listened to this in the morning and it has me feeling refreshed, calm, and ready to take on the day.

This mix has some tension to it, and even a bit of ethnic flair - at least that's the impression I get with the song, which might be in part due to the original source. Anyhow, that tension doesn't break throughout, and it helps keep the song interesting. The song does not come off as repetitive to me, in part with all of the instrumentation and variance we see throughout the song. Trenthian does a great job in mixing it up, instilling his style, and maintaining a steady feel that I (lazily) guess is from the original.

This is a pretty slick ReMix. Really nailed the ethic vibe for this one. Gotta love those beats. Makes me feel like I'm right in the middle of the fields where the sun rises.

Edited by Crulex

Great work Trenthian! I love your other remixes and i was happy to see you posting this one. I put this one over your previous Suikoden remix, but that would be unfair since both are great masterworks!

Dynamic orchestral/cinematic/world stuff has a solid electronica backbone is one of my passions when it comes to music, so I'm absolutely stunned here :) I don't have anything to criticize here at all. This track certainly has enough Asian flavor to it, and the synthetic elements are blended in really solidly. The drums are soooo good and the synth lead is nice too! My favorite part here is probably the final part at 4:10 when the woodwinds and synths join together, only for the better, of course, haha. Briliant work!