OCR02435 - Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I "The Obsequious Heterophobia of Dr. Melefam Buttfink"

That title is horrible lol!

The Arrangement is pretty slow paced but , that's hardly a problem. In fact the pace is one of it's strengths I think in contrast to the really fast pace the original song had and it really gives you feelings reminiscent of late 80's early 90's material.

Synth bass is really great ,as well as the leads.

The Synth or sampled guitar (whichever it is) sounds pretty bad honestly.

But everything overall sounds nice.

At the time, that guitar sample was half-intentionally awful, because I remember so many 80's electronic tracks that used them were also pretty cheesy and bad and it just didn't sound right without them (hell, I even wanted to use Phil Collins style gated toms in there too, but I couldn't get them to work).

It wasn't until I went back to start reworking things that I had some major problems with the mix though. For some reason, nothing seemed to work right - even going back to mix it again from scratch just wouldn't do it. Then some of the synth leads were having issues - one of which made it keep dropping out at weird times (like you heard in there). I still don't know what was causing that, but at the time I couldn't abandon the track either, I had already put a bunch of time into it and had to justify the effort.

Then bLiNd came in and worked his wonders on it, and the rest is history. That man is literally supernal and I intend to show my appreciation of his help by purchasing his soundtrack when my security deposit comes back from my previous apartment. You should too!

Thanks again for everyone supporting this remix. This is the last one I intend to submit with known problems in there, and all my submissions from here on out will be proper high quality with compromise. Thanks again!

I have to say, I enjoyed this one. Guitars were a bit iffy, and the mixing was a tad messy overall, plus the drums were as basic as basic can be, but its 80's SO I FORGIVE ALL.

Yes it has its little issues but the feel is there and the source works better here than it ever did in its original context. You also have an epic moment during that breakdown, I love the attention to detail, and the use of reverb really sort of gives this a spacious feel at that point. Typical 80's butt-rock, could have been better with tweaking and a real guitar, and fadeout was a slight copout, but its pretty good as it is, cause 80's is good. Consider me a happy chappy!

I like the soundscape! It sounds like summer for some reason or other. =D The lead synth was a little overwhelming at times, but I'm pretty sensitive as far as synths go. The breakdown at 2:35 was really cool. I almost wished it were longer.

The title of the track has to be the best on the site, though! It sounds like a title of a novel that's a cross between Lovecraft, Dickens and some random chick-lit author. XD

Great mix, guys. =D More titles like these, please!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Loving the cheesy, happy 80's feel of this ReMix. Second half of the ReMix really had me feeling it. Still seems like I'm that one guy who actually likes the fade-out type ending, but that's just me. Break down sounded great, and aside from the minor issues that others have already pointed out, I can't really hear anything that I'd nitpick at. But dude, what the hell is up with that title? Haha, not hating on it, but man, that's got to be one of the stranger titles I've seen on this site.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02435 - Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I "The Obsequious Heterophobia of Dr. Melefam Buttfink"