Droid48

ForzaTune 4

Hacker's Keyboard (also Swype)

Liquor Run Mobile

OpenTable (restaurant reservations)

Shark (read Wireshark capture logs)

Waze (GPS)

GTAIII

GemRB lets you play Bioware's Infinity Engine games (i.e. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment). ON YOUR PHONE.

You can play Star Control 2. ON YOUR PHONE.

<3

Edited by Legion303

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd throw in a few things I use on a regular basis that you guys might find useful/handy. Click for Play Store page if you're interested. All listed apps are *FREE*.

Stock compatible apps:

ES File Explorer - File Explorer, I like the flexibility of being able to view remote shares easily from it, as well as many different viewing/sorting options.

GO Contacts - Dialer/Contacts replacement. If you're on a generic dialer or AOSP based ROM, the dialer can be a little lacking. I like the themeability of the app, plus smart dialing for all your contacts, hurray!

gStrings tuner - Simple tuner, no frills, but handy if you need to quickly tune an instrument or to inform a buddy they're offkey.

ShopSavvy - Barcode scanner with a built in price check. Handy if you're curious about buying a product online, or if you can find it locally.

Shortyz - Dialy free crosswords if you're into that sort of thing.

Stop Watch & Timer - Simple Stop watch and timer app. Handy in a pinch.

Trillian - Multiclient Instant Message app. Connects to AIM/YM!/WLM/GTalk and a multitude of other services.

XBMC Remote - A remote control for your XBMC box from your phone? Yes please!

Eventghost - Used in conjuction with the desktop program, this app gives you control of your eventghost server through wifi/internet. For those of you who don't know, Eventghost is an automation software for Windows. You can remotely do a lot of things on your computer using this, too many to list really. I have mine setup in tandem with XBMC, so I have volume, power and input control over my entertainment system through the phone. I can even turn my AC on from the internet. Talk about lazy!

Root Required Apps:

AdFree - Blacklists known ad hosts so ads wont be downloaded to your phone, updated frequently. Not perfect as some applications are hard coded for an ad space, but can lessen the annoying ads that pop up all the time. Works on any web browser and many apps. (This is kind of a personal preference thing, your favorite sites and apps run on ads, if you use this you'll be taking cash out of their pockets. If you're like me and despise ads with a passion, it's a good way to go.)

DroidWall - A firewall for Android. Really useful if you don't agree with some permissions that apps require to be used. Block their access from ever calling home with your personal data!

Samba Filesharing - Personal favorite of mine. Allows you to browse the filesystem on your phone from any computer on your network that supports Samba (Pretty much all modern OS's). It's easy to setup and means no more wires for file transfers ever again!

Edited by Faustt

• 4 weeks later...
Plague Inc.

Netflix

Max Payne Mobile

Sixaxis Controller

Apparatus

Uplink

Osmos

Shredder Chess

World of Goo

Real Racing 2 (AI sucks, though)

Mantano Reader Lite

Perfect Viewer (comics)

KeePass

ES File Explorer

Google Play Music

Shazam

Caustic (synth/DAW)

Songkick

Audio Evolution

DroidDia (for charts, like Visio)

Taptu (rss reader)

Firefox

Jorte calendar

AdFree

ConnectBot

ADBsecure

SuperSU

WiGLE Wifi Wardriving

BBC News

ChefTap

DaTuner

Droid48

ForzaTune 4

Hacker's Keyboard (also Swype)

Liquor Run Mobile

OpenTable (restaurant reservations)

Shark (read Wireshark capture logs)

Waze (GPS)

GTAIII

<3

(correctly) assume I'm too lazy to look these up.

Could we get a brief description if each one, por favor?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having d-pad frustrations too, and I'm just playing Phantasy Star 2 on an emulator (which I recommend Gensoid for a genesis emulator). I may have to break out my PS3 controller, which thankfully the -oid family of emulators all have bluetooth support. I figure I'll have to do it for Sword of Vermillion, which you really don't want to try on a crappy touchpad d-pad. I tried and did poorly.

Does anybody have any roguelikes to recommend? I see people listing games without descriptions, and I admit I can't be assed to look up every last one of them. I'd like to have a nice relaxing dungeon adventure to play. "Relaxing" could mean "fuk i died", so I'm not worried about difficulty levels.

Edited by Annie Felis
lern 2 spel lol

As far as games are concerned, I only have Jetpack Joyride on my phone currently. It's fun and quick if you have ~5 minutes to kill. It's pretty much your standard helicopter game: Touch the screen to go up, let go to fall down, grab coins, avoid things that kill you. I like it because whenever I'm using my phone for games, I only have a couple minutes, and games tend to go quickly.

Also, I recommend MortPlayer for a music player if you don't like the default. I like it because it uses your file systems folders to organize your music, so you don't necessarily need to browse by artist, album, etc. Whatever is in a folder is automatically grouped together.

it blows my mind that nobody mentioned touchosc. its a midi control interface app that you can customize. theyre a bit lazy with the app support for some phones, but if you can get it to work, its really nice, at least, in my opinion. maybe i just like gimmicky ways to interact with my daw, but its a pretty good app.

Yeah, I kind of don't understand why emulators still do the fixed d-pad instead of the thing where the pad is wherever you touch first. It pretty much sucks to play anything that's not turn-based. And Wiimote Controller doesn't work with Jellybean. :'[[[

Are you saying that Wiimote doesn't work on a certain hardware with Jellybean? Because I use it with my mobile running Jellybean and it's the madnote.