Nintendo DS

The Damned

How can you not like Jumpin' Jack Flash? I know the EBA steps (taps? moves?) are a bitch, but the song itself is a classic!

Well, I think that song sucks - the lyrics are pretty crappy as far as lyrics go (I'll even say worse than Rhapsody or even DragonForce), and just focuses on a catch rather than a concept. What most people consider "rock classics" is what I consider prime examples of commercialization of music that neglects the artform of music.

And so, I'm up to the final two songs in EBA with the divas. I'm impressed at the difficulty of the game - I didn't expect them to be able to ramp up the difficulty this high, although I'm a bit miffed at times with the taps being off-beat. It's a good thing this game doesn't screw around when it comes to difficulty, something more games need to do.

I just beat EBA on cruisin and breezin'. (Easy and normal) I started the game on normal, and got about halfwaythrough, got stuck, so i went and got to the last stage on easy. I figured i would never get through it. But today i beat it and also beat it on normal. Just starting hard with chieftan, and it seems really crazy. but EBA has one of the best learning curves i've seen, I barely thought i would beat easy much less normal and now i'm making my way through hard. Stupid question maybe, but in the credits i noticed a destinys child song that i didn't see in the game, are there more songs later on?

What is EBA like? Everyone here and elsewhere seems to give it good reviews. What kind of game is it?

Elite Beat Agents is a music/rhythm game (in the same genre as Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero). The player clicks the stylus on "beats" that pop up in sequences across the screen. If you still want to try it before you buy it, most EB games/GameStop or similar video game stores have demos available in-store. I would also highly recommend it as what may be my favorite DS game.

So anyone playing Phoenix Wright Attorney at Law: Justice for All?

I'm in the middle of the first case. I'm hoping the music will grow on me, because so far it seems like the only thing that's changed, and I'm not impressed thus far.

Still wondering if anyone else has picked this up.

Having played through most of the game by now, I've decided that (a) the music grows on you, (B) it's funnier than the last game, and © it's more challenging than the last game.

The only real beef I have with it is a few typos here and there, and a few pieces of evidence which should work at certain points of the case, but don't. For example, in the first case... (select to see slight spoiler) you are supposed to point out the boyfriend is a police officer, but it won't let you use the picture of his body with the police hat in view - you have to use his profile instead.

Hey,

I just bought Trauma Center the other day and it's pretty fun. There's a lot of text that adds to the whole character development which is great since the writing is quality. But you could just as easily skip it all if you wanted to by pressing 'select' and go straight to the operations where most of them talk you through it (in the beginning at least).

But I have a little problem, I don't know if other people have trouble with this game or if it's my DS lite. Does anyone have any particular trouble with using the top 0.5 - 1 cm of their touch screen? It makes this one operation almost impossible. Usually, most games don't use the uppermost portion of the touchpad and I'm only now encountering it. =\

Hey,

I just bought Trauma Center the other day and it's pretty fun. There's a lot of text that adds to the whole character development which is great since the writing is quality. But you could just as easily skip it all if you wanted to by pressing 'select' and go straight to the operations where most of them talk you through it (in the beginning at least).

But I have a little problem, I don't know if other people have trouble with this game or if it's my DS lite. Does anyone have any particular trouble with using the top 0.5 - 1 cm of their touch screen? It makes this one operation almost impossible. Usually, most games don't use the uppermost portion of the touchpad and I'm only now encountering it. =\

I haven't noticed any such problems with my DS. It does stand to reason, though, that sensitivity might be a bit less along the edges, as it would be naturally harder to depress the screen film as you got closer to the sides.

I just finished Yoshi's Island DS the other day but I still have FF3 waiting.

I can go to the end, but since you cannot save anywere in any dungeon, I keep feeling tempted to warp out and save the fact that I leveled up and all that. But then you have to go alll the way back up through the dungeon, maybe only to find out you're still under leveled.

I'm not liking the DS too much, because there arn't alot of games out in Europe that interest me..which is a shame. Sometimes I even regret getting it in the first place.

Most games are just really pick up and play for a few hours right? I prefer the long games that make me sit down for a long time.

Most games are just really pick up and play for a few hours right? I prefer the long games that make me sit down for a long time.

There's no reason to play a handheld for hours at a time. Sure, it can be done, but the systems aren't really designed for that in mind. In fact, a major criticism of the PSP when it launched was that the games were designed like console games: long endeavors requiring you to play for an extended period of time.

This works fine for consoles, as one rarely boots up their PS2 to play for 30 minutes or less, but it undermines the philosophy of a handheld. Namely, the ability to get a quick game in here and there when you're waiting around for something.

If you're looking for a long, indulging experience, grab a 360 or something. If you want a handheld that perfectly embraces what portable gaming is all about, the DS is the de facto choice.

I heard that most stores won't even get copies of the game. It's baffling why it isn't getting advertised more.

I didn't feel like scouting out a bunch of stores since EBstop wouldn't let me reserve it, since they didn't know what it was. So i preordered it off ebgames' website.