BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo!

I will have an update b4 the deadline (or dead on it!) however...

The first WIP I submitted for deadline was a dancey version of E.G.G.M.A.N (Instrumental.) I recall being told I need to work on the style and make it fit in.

Now, electronica was encouraged (as was rock and orchestral etc.) from the outset - So, what 'feel' is this project after?

I remember great boss and evil guy themes mainly through energy and urgency with a bleak vibe, maybe a flicker of hope. That's what I'm aiming for.

Should I change my aim?

Just... "Badness". Make the bosses cool. The villain you love to hate, but who's side you'd join in an instant. Express that around those genres.

I'm still looking to contribute to this, but I'm sorry to say that there is no way I'll make the 24th deadline. Over spring break I should have some time, which is the first week or so of March.

If you miss the deadline, and someone else gets a WIP in before you, you lose it. But if you get it in first, even late, it's still yours.

I'm not dead, btw. Just amazingly over-project-ed with school for the past 6 weeks. Anyway, I might have more time now. Maybe.

Don't worry about it, you're pretty far anyway. And by "Dont worry", I dont mean get lazy.

I could do some album art.

PM me if you have any ideas.

pu_freak -

The Artists, I don't have a list or anything, so I forgot who they are. PM?

WAH!?!? NO ONE'S DOING GOLDEN SILVER!?

Are there any sign up criteria required to apply? Because I want in for Golden Silver. (Why is it that not many ever does anything in tribute to this fantastic game?)

Yep. Just like Pu said. Send me and PI your best work. Keep in mind that this is also the time where we are really cracking down on the quality of the project tracks.

I must say that this deadline came rather quickly too. :dstrbd:

Oi, I think I'll have to give up my previous request to join this thing. Golden Silver's Theme is too hard to figure for me and I haven't had the time to sit down and actually work on anything for awhile.

Makes me sad, really. :\

I'll probably have to sequence the song before I even make a start on the actual re-arranged version for the sake of saving time with fucking on notation issues. (Course we could collaborate if that's a possible choice.)

I'll probably have to sequence the song before I even make a start on the actual re-arranged version for the sake of saving time with fucking on notation issues. (Course we could collaborate if that's a possible choice.)

I wouldn't mine collaborating, but the problem with that is that I don't have the internet at my house (I'm currently at my sisters). And besides that, I'm using FL Studio 4.5.2. >.>

Just so you know, I am currently 90% finished sequencing the original Golden Silver song from Gunstar Heroes to MIDI. After that, it's 'nick and chop around' time! (I'll post a link here once it's done for proof. This is basically to make things easier for all of us since the song is crazy to begin with... (4/8, 17/16, 5/8, 4/8 at 100BPM..it's that complicated it crashes my app in score view))

EDIT: http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/GunstarHeroes_GoldenSilver_v101.mid *XG/GM2 OPTIMIZED. (For those that think notation is impossible to decipher from this song. Just finished in 4 hours. Now I'll make a start on the re-arranged version) *corrected square and drum inconsistencies on some devices

Just so you guys know, I will have an update over the weekend, but I've been too swamped by my IT studies lately to get time to make the render on what I've done earlier in the week. Nonetheless, I should have it here by Sunday night at the latest.

Just wanted to check in...I missed the deadline but am working on the Secret of Mana track. (Sure picked a very intimidating song there. >< Always loved it but never realized how complex it was till I looked at the score.) If someone else comes along who really wants it, go ahead and take it, but I'll have a WIP to you guys as soon as possible. It's going in an acid/dance direction, just fyi.

I can also help with any visual art/web design the project still needs. I'm doing the album art and possibly more for the Super Mario 64 remix project and can show ya samples if you like.

Checking in - I'm reloading up all my VSTis and samples on my laptop as it is much easier to work with. However, that currently means the bass synth is missing and various effects aren't there - hence my lack of contribution thus far. I hope to upload something by 6PM GMT - I also hope to learn XML and do some of my IT assignment by then.

Hey, stranger things have happened.

Luiza is currently tweaking the midi of our track. i'm just waiting until i get it back, then I'll tweak it as well, then post that wip. Also, I think he rname should be added to the track on the first page, as she's now officially working on the mix.

Uh... did someone change our thread name?

Ok, well, anyway, about the deadline, and WIPs...

We're gonna deal with this the same way we did for the last WIP date. For those of you who weren't here last time, here's how things go down: If you got a WIP in, good for you. If you didn't (yet) you still have the chance to. But if someone else turns a quality WIP in first, well, you lost the track. Give me awhile to look around and I'll post a list of who has submitted a WIP so far.

EDIT: Anyone who wants to work on art/web design, check the thread on our forums. And PM me.

EDIT2: Everybody, just ignore the first post, and the track list for now. It's always been a mess. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Almost a whole week after I said I'd do it in a day, and I've got a list of those who hit the deadline.

The-Almighty-Tallest

Avaris

MaliceX

ShinnyMetal

The Joker

Pu_freak

Anorak

Apparantly Dash Myoku, too, I suppose

... Is that it? I wouldn't be surprised if I missed someone, but... thats just... obscene. Yecchhh. Is that really all we got? Someone please tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I missed at least 3 people. Please.

Well, like I said before, I'd love to Collab, but my computer doesn't have internet. Also, I usually don't know when I'll be able to get online, so I wouldn't want that to slow you down, atleast.

I'll go solo, but I probably won't submit it to this project. You made the MIDI, you probably have some of the remix going. I'll just let you have it. Me? I've always wanted to remix some Gunstar Heroes music on my own.

By the way, Pi...were there any tracks that weren't taken already? I don't mind taking a leftover. :3

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History