Sign in to follow this  
Pi_R_Squared

BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Just thought I'd drop in and let you know I'm not dead.

Starting my mix now and will work quickly to finish it before the new semester.

Starting a WIP. Watch for it... 8O

And I qoute

Hey there,

I'm working on it - Christmas is always a hard time at my work, so I can't do it faster, but I'm trying :D Abadoss gave me some advice on how to rewrite the mix to match his vocal capabilities - so given some time we'll see what will come out of it.

Yay for christmas time hard labor, or vacations! Anyway, I posted a new wip in the old forums. So, yeah, go there, & listen to it, & tell me how absolutely awesome it is, fo real yo.

ed]And I qoute
Hey there,

I'm working on it - Christmas is always a hard time at my work, so I can't do it faster, but I'm trying :D Abadoss gave me some advice on how to rewrite the mix to match his vocal capabilities - so given some time we'll see what will come out of it.

Oh. Well, there you have it... cool.

Posted a short animated WIP of Bowser/Mario at the forums. Could you check if that is what you had in mind, Pi?

Now, not everybody go and pig their sig up at once. Granted, not everyone can fit it, or has one, but..., C'mon! If I had one, I'd be using it.

- In related news, Pu and mlo, I'm thinking of giving you both an "co art director"-like statuses (statii?), working on stuff, and keeping other visual artists in line while finding others I was considering appointing someone for awhile, but seeing hoew fast mlo and pu both responded in times of need (sigs, and sigs) I don't see why not. Thats showing everyone else what they're missing out on for thinking they can get away with "just mixing".. mlo, I've already talked to you about an artist, and pu, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go see what's up with our current artist, who hasn't given us anything in awhile, or even really participated much at all. I think if he knew exactly what was going on around here, and not just being something for his spare time, he might become a little more involved. On the side, try to find a good anime artist or two to see if we could finally get that .gif sig/torrent-headed art going.

And about that .gif... I don't know who mentioned the Benny Hill theme, but someone did. I actually was thinking of more along those lines, a comical, chaotic mess, of heroes bounding and falling over each other to get out of the way to not get killed.

Alright, one chaotic full and comedic gif coming up :P Our artist's mailbox seems full at the moment, so I'll try again some other time

!!!

You added the Mana Beast theme from Secret of Mana? I'm definitely interested in doing that. I'm actually working on another Secret of Mana WIP at the moment, so if you need samples before signing someone up at this point, I'll post a clip soon. Just wanted to express my interest.

Cheers.

Bleh, I'm not lazy, I swear! I'm trying to get my damned computer back to normal (damn you Windows ME). So, as soon as it gets fixed, I'll be submitting my audition track soon.

It just kills me that I can't work on it right now. ><

Looking around, I see a few confusing-as-hell name changes. If you are one of those who did change your handle, please let us know who you currently are. Seriously, I'm completely lost right now.

Nice to hear from ya, leep. We spoke about the guitar, remember? Hit me up if you need a reminder. There were some major problems, if you forgot. Still looking forward to that surprise {zomg where'd the emoticons go?!?}

EDIT: Ack! I, of all people, used the wrong brackets! Oh, I don't deserve the [] in my name... *sob*...

I'm mlo. I changed my name to an old handle so I wouldn't be stuck with three letters for all of ocr history. It would be nice if everyone could check in since we did have a little holiday break there.

I'm Doomsday, this is my "Artist handle" if you will because you could fill an ocean with everybody else who had the name Doomsday.

Or at least a sizeable gulf...

I dare someone to do Pyramid Head.

edit: I once wrote an e-geetar mix of the golbez theme from FF4 (way back when), if anyone would be interested in taking it over and doing whatever they wanted with it, or use it for inspiration, etc. let me know, because I think it could be workable (or at least used for a basis) That original song itself is badass... (this is a boss theme, not exactly a fight theme though, though it IS a boss fight theme at one point) and deserves some guitar, believe me, really...