Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

I can't seem to find the old "new forums" thread, so I think this is the most appropriate place to ask this question... is adding the "OC ReMix Artist Profile" link from a forum username still in the works? I recall Dave and/or Larry saying that was being worked on when we transitioned to the new forums. I always liked being able to easily see if someone was a posted artist (and then checking out their stuff) from within the forums. Thanks!

I can't seem to find the old "new forums" thread, so I think this is the most appropriate place to ask this question... is adding the "OC ReMix Artist Profile" link from a forum username still in the works? I recall Dave and/or Larry saying that was being worked on when we transitioned to the new forums. I always liked being able to easily see if someone was a posted artist (and then checking out their stuff) from within the forums. Thanks!

Eventually, but it'll be back.

I saw the link for follow us on twitter and facebook under the preview this mix button on the mixpost page... I was thinking it would be awesome if that was follow the artist!! It would be such a good place for those buttons right next to where the artist's music link is posted!

I saw the link for follow us on twitter and facebook under the preview this mix button on the mixpost page... I was thinking it would be awesome if that was follow the artist!! It would be such a good place for those buttons right next to where the artist's music link is posted!

I agree. I think it would be worth exploring putting some artist links on remix pages.

Most of the right column is intended for non-context specific content, but yeah... this is planned, just not in the same exact location.

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it'd be nice to get some thoughts on it:

Font size, line spacing, post whitespace.

I'm seeing Arial 14pt on the forum, and Arial 12pt in the remix write-ups. Why the larger size on the forum?

I'm not sure line spacing is a problem, but some of my posts look much longer on the forum than in textedit where I sometimes write them. It could just be the font size, but line spacing might also be involved, especially if double line breaks lead to a single, empty paragraph, and paragraph breaks are greater than regular line breaks.

And the whitespace, where every post has a 1) Poster bar, 2) posted date bar, 3) actual post, 4) like bar, 5) edit/report/quote bar, and a 6) sig (although I've turned them off so the forum would actually be usable on a laptop screen). Couldn't 1+2 and 4+5 be combined, respectively?

Is there a way to shrink the vertical size of the posts to make it easier to read the forum as more of a conversation?

Also, who enforces the sig size rule?

It seems the Project forum isn't protected as it was before.

Anyone can post there. If something doesn't belong there and isn't an OCR project, the thread is moved, no big deal.

Is there a way for thread notifications to be condensed into a single notification per thread that updates, rather than a notification per reply? This can make it hard to see what threads you follow have updated, especially if one is very active - you may get thirty notifications from one thread and end up missing one or two notifications about another, simply because of the volume of notifications.

For me, the form subscription system that vbulletin offered is much more useful than the one that is currently employed with the new-ish forums.

Anyone can post there. If something doesn't belong there and isn't an OCR project, the thread is moved, no big deal.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. This should go to Recruit & Collaborate.

So far, I like the new forum update, but trying to dodge the OCR Mascot in order to get to the forum settings can be problematic at times. Within the past five minutes, I've accidentally gone to the mascot page instead of my settings several times.

Minor nitpick. This isn't really an issue with the new forum, just a stylistic request:

Any chance we can get square avatars back? Not crazy about the round frame.

3 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

Minor nitpick. This isn't really an issue with the new forum, just a stylistic request:

Any chance we can get square avatars back? Not crazy about the round frame.

Just noting I'm fine with the circles, but don't care about what's chosen.

Well if Darke doesn't like it, then that means we gotta keep doing it! :-P I kid I kid. I find the rounder avatars refreshing, but to each their own. Maybe there's a way to make that a user-selectable option?

Also, +1 on the coloured address bar for chrome for mobile.

First off, thanks to @Txai for that catch - we really appreciate detail-oriented corrections :)

With regards to circular profile pics... I had the same initial reaction when I first saw it on IPS. To their credit, they make it VERY easy to switch back to squared-off profile images - it's a single toggle on the theme settings, and presto. That being said, I'm used to it now, and when I switch back to squares it looks old, crusty, and wrong. Give it some time, @DarkeSword, and see what you think in a week or two. I could toggle it and I think you'd agree, the circles are actually kinda cool - also, beyond just being an aesthetic touch, they tell you that an image is a profile, helping the eye distinguish profiles from others types of images, and so they actually have a small (but not meaningless) usability benefit, in my opinion.

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00456

This one is labeled as a Yoshi's Island ReMix. But I am sure it's from Super Mario All-Stars (it also says so in the write-up).

On 21/12/2015 at 1:17 PM, djpretzel said:

First off, thanks to @Txai for that catch

That is what happens when you're in an OCR mood and go adding songs to a playlist.

2 hours ago, Txai said:

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00456

This one is labeled as a Yoshi's Island ReMix. But I am sure it's from Super Mario All-Stars (it also says so in the write-up).

That is what happens when you're in an OCR mood and go adding songs to a playlist.

No, the game's been reclassified based on more information I found from what source tune the artist actually arranged. In this case, it was the Invincibility theme specifically from Yoshi's Island. The next time we do a torrent update, we'll also update the MP3 itself. The writeup's basically frozen, so if there's some outdated information or links, for example, we're not going back to change those things.

- Visiting the first page of the Metal Gear May Cry review thread produces a sign-in box with the message:

A username and password are being requested by http://www.ffartwork.com. The site says: "Compass Rose Arts Beta"

- The Cave Story source song "Cemetery" is misspelled "Cemetary" and "Oppression" is misspelled "Opression."