Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Polo said:

- Visiting the first page of the Metal Gear May Cry review thread produces a sign-in box with the message:

A username and password are being requested by http://www.ffartwork.com. The site says: "Compass Rose Arts Beta"

Can't reproduce. Do you think you can pinpoint what on the page is pulling up that message?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anorax said:

Can't reproduce. Do you think you can pinpoint what on the page is pulling up that message?

Looks like it's dand101's sig space: a .jpg from ffartwork.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Polo said:

- Visiting the first page of the Metal Gear May Cry review thread produces a sign-in box with the message:

A username and password are being requested by http://www.ffartwork.com. The site says: "Compass Rose Arts Beta"

This is happening because forum user dand101 has a signature image linking to that no-longer-available-without-a-password site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Polo said:

- Visiting the first page of the Metal Gear May Cry review thread produces a sign-in box with the message:

A username and password are being requested by http://www.ffartwork.com. The site says: "Compass Rose Arts Beta"

 

- The Cave Story source song "Cemetery" is misspelled "Cemetary" and "Oppression" is misspelled "Opression."

Fixed PW issue by removing that old sig image, and corrected songs (will be fixed on site the next time it syncs with the database), though when Pixel first released names for the tracks, the corrupted English was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsung Heroes album page doesn't seem to have the website's logo, navbar or search field at the top. Not sure for other album pages though.

EDIT: Scratch that, just my poor connection speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have an issue where they receive a generic "Internal Server Error" page when trying to respond to a thread or PM? It doesn't always happen with me, but very often. I haven't been able to pinpoint a time of day or amount of users that make it happen. It seems to be completely random, but when it's occurring, It'll be that way for an extended period of time. I've tried emptying caches and using different browsers to no avail.

Additional, I did raise it with DJ Pretzel about a week ago, but then I called it out as a false alarm as I thought it was a blip/one-off that resolved itself. I was wrong... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Odai said:

Does anybody have an issue where they receive a generic "Internal Server Error" page when trying to respond to a thread or PM? It doesn't always happen with me, but very often. I haven't been able to pinpoint a time of day or amount of users that make it happen. It seems to be completely random, but when it's occurring, It'll be that way for an extended period of time. I've tried emptying caches and using different browsers to no avail.

Additional, I did raise it with DJ Pretzel about a week ago, but then I called it out as a false alarm as I thought it was a blip/one-off that resolved itself. I was wrong... :/

It's possible this is related to the content of your posts. Next time this happens, make a note of any special characters or the length of your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

It's possible this is related to the content of your posts. Next time this happens, make a note of any special characters or the length of your post.

I also saw it twice. It seems to b0rk if you end your text with a smiley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that one apparently. I saw it twice, one in a PM, once in a thread, with a regular smiley at the end of the line. Both inmulti-line replies.

Maybe it was just a server hickup, I dunno. If I see it again I'll make note of the timestamp, maybe that's of some use for djp to check the logs :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the system pages for the TurboGrafx-16 and TurboGrafx-CD, the GameFAQs reference links are broken. Here's an update for the former and latter respectively.

Also, why is Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood half in English and half in Japanese title-wise? Why not Devil's Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood or Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Polo said:

On the system pages for the TurboGrafx-16 and TurboGrafx-CD, the GameFAQs reference links are broken. Here's an update for the former and latter respectively.

Also, why is Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood half in English and half in Japanese title-wise? Why not Devil's Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood or Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo?

Thanks for the link updates.

Re: Akumajo Dracula games, those games on those specific platforms were JP-only releases, so I don't use Western localized names in those cases. Though I know Google Translate treats both 悪魔城ドラキュラ & キャッスルヴァニア as "Castlevania," in the West, the series name is usually stated in the Japanese pronunciation/Romaji way of Akumajo Dracula rather than a translated English way (Devil Castle Dracula). YMMV on that rationale, but the more accurate English "translation" based on what I've found is the Romaji series name paired with the translated subtitle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 January 2016 at 9:52 PM, Jorito said:

Not that one apparently. I saw it twice, one in a PM, once in a thread, with a regular smiley at the end of the line. Both inmulti-line replies.

Maybe it was just a server hickup, I dunno. If I see it again I'll make note of the timestamp, maybe that's of some use for djp to check the logs :)

 

Quoting myself, this is exactly what I did. Saw the error again and PM'ed details to djp. Again, same issue, short line of text ending in a smiley that gives an internal server error. Remove the smiley and it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to @Jorito for the amazingly helpful info... turns out it was modsecurity, complaining about any text that included "update" and also had the new "srcset" attribute, which is used for responsive images. I have tweaked the modsec rule to exclude anything that has "src" immediately before "set="... this should fix the problem.

Sheesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the "forums" dropdown menu, the "Social Networking & RSS" icons are gone when browsing the actual forums (whether the Forums Home or any individual thread), although they appear everywhere else, like the front page, ReMix writeups, and lists of systems/albums/organizations/etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2016 at 11:20 PM, Polo said:

On the "forums" dropdown menu, the "Social Networking & RSS" icons are gone when browsing the actual forums (whether the Forums Home or any individual thread), although they appear everywhere else, like the front page, ReMix writeups, and lists of systems/albums/organizations/etc.

Because IPS4 uses separate CSS. I'll fix this very soon, but in the meantime I've been working on:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2016 at 7:05 PM, Polo said:

On the system pages for the TurboGrafx-16 and TurboGrafx-CD, the GameFAQs reference links are broken. Here's an update for the former and latter respectively.

Also, why is Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood half in English and half in Japanese title-wise? Why not Devil's Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood or Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo?

@Polo Actually it was MOST of the system references to gamefaqs - they changed their link structure for systems - and we were missing some as well. THAT should be fixed.

On 3/18/2016 at 11:20 PM, Polo said:

On the "forums" dropdown menu, the "Social Networking & RSS" icons are gone when browsing the actual forums (whether the Forums Home or any individual thread), although they appear everywhere else, like the front page, ReMix writeups, and lists of systems/albums/organizations/etc.

Should be fixed now; might require clearing cache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, djpretzel said:

@Polo Actually it was MOST of the system references to gamefaqs - they changed their link structure for systems - and we were missing some as well. THAT should be fixed.

Oh wow, that's thinking ahead. Nice. The urls are even simpler now across the board.

20 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Should be fixed now; might require clearing cache.

Yep, fixed on my end. Muchas gracias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't mind me asking, what's all going on with the way that avatar images are being processed?  I know that, with the new board, it used to be that when you upload an avatar image, the resulting image is saved as "http://ocremix.org/community/uploads/profile/photo-23073.jpg" or something similar, matching up with your profile ID. But today I uploaded a resized image of my original avatar (which gave the above image URL), and got this result when finding the source image from the profile page: "http://ocremix.org/community/uploads/monthly_2016_05/573cc2bfd7a41_VintageInspired1502.png.e96db03a40887915769e52f8f0b77e53.png", but even more important, there's an even longer file name when it comes to finding a source address from just about anywhere else: "http://ocremix.org/community/uploads/monthly_2016_05/573cc2bfd7a41_VintageInspired1502.png.e96db03a40887915769e52f8f0b77e53.thumb.png.bcb42c56fab40afb31054d60d68b2bb7.png."

I guess I'm asking, what's with all the redundency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.