Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

10 hours ago, Esperado said:

So with magfest coming up, Im curious if the dracula bracket will be two weeks like the rest of the rounds. Im not exactly sure how much remixing im gonna do at magfest, but if its only a week, then ill have to bring a laptop with me. 

I am going to MAG with the assumption that we have a small disadvantage if we go. I am thinking about arrangement ideas with my own source anyways in a spreadsheet, so I can get it down quickly when things start up, and worry about the other sources when they are announced. 

Edit: Thanks Mindwanderer for the critique on my song, I will definitely work to blend the sources more for the next round if that is what the goal of the compo is. :-)

I had to work on some project stuff first, so until yesterday I wasn't able to work on this one. My track will be really fun, though. So far all I have is a riff and the instruments set, but let's be real - once those things are set up, all you gotta do then is let the music FLOW, maaaan.

Got two days left, which is better than my average time spent on a compo track, so let's do this!

;)

Edit: Also, "This Wicked Heart of Mine" sounds like "This Sweet Guitar of Mine"... Which totally works. You will hear nothing else once you hear this, I promise.

13 hours ago, Esperado said:

So with magfest coming up, Im curious if the dracula bracket will be two weeks like the rest of the rounds. Im not exactly sure how much remixing im gonna do at magfest, but if its only a week, then ill have to bring a laptop with me. 

The full calendar is here.  Short answer: There will be 3 rounds of the Dracula bracket, 2 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week long.

I would just like to give fair warning that I may not be submitting something up to my standards for this round. I've been dealing with a lot of pre-MAG anxiety and stress, and so far I don't have anything down for my track that I'm proud of. MAGFest is taking up most of this week, so I'll pretty much be submitting whatever I can get done next Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night. I will most certainly submit something, rest assured.

On an unrelated note, who here am I going to see at MAGFest?!

On 2/15/2016 at 1:11 AM, HoboKa said:

Sadly, not really finding the energy or willpower for this one.  Maybe last minute, I'll get a sudden burst of inspiration.  Who knows >.<

I'm guessing the energy was not found, since I don't have an entry, and there remain only 45 minutes.  Should be interesting anyway, since both Gario and Aleix have said this was an unusual entry for them.

Mmm, my entry isn't unusual, I just (at the time) only had individual cool sounding parts written out, and I needed to figure out a way to piece them together cohesively (trickier than it sounds). Believe it or not, that's just my music making process, lately - come up with cool riffs, figure out what would make sense, as far as assembly goes, build bridging material based on the riffs, then mix/master.

I think people will find I went all out, this round, it's pretty fuckin' good. ;)

Download Alucard Round 2 here!

As for the Simon bracket, you know the drill.  Three-way faceoff: Sir_NutS: Entrance, 1691 vs. War Machine: Dungeon, 1691 vs. OA: Entrance, 1797.  Special shout-outs to YoshiBlade, Jorito, and Trism; these were especially strong entries despite your loss this round.  May Dracula grow strong on your blood!

The source for the Dracula bracket, Round 1, is Moonlight Nocturne from Symphony of the Night!  Please use "Moonlight Nocturne, 1797" as the name of the theme in your remix titles, e.g.

• MindWanderer - Time for Bed (Clock Tower, 1691 and Moonlight Nocturne, 1797).mp3

24 minutes ago, Jorito said:

So, lemme see if I got this straight. All the 9 people that lost in the first round are now fighting against each other for points by remixing Moonlight nocturne + their chosen source with a deadline in 2 weeks, rite?

That's correct, assuming 100% participation.  It's similar to Darkesword's Gauntlet compos.  I'm guessing some will opt out, but the more that participate, the more points each participant will earn.  The highest score at the end of three rounds will represent Dracula in the final battle.

Since we have some newer mixers, I'll put forward a suggestion: Moonlight Nocturne is a long and complex piece, 1:45 long with not a lot of repetition and no loop.  Rather than attempting to tackle the whole thing in order and smooshing your own source into it somewhere, you may have more luck breaking it apart into some of the more recognizable themes.  Just a suggestion, not a rule or anything, just bear in mind that you don't have to use all of it, but identifiable parts of it should constitute a significant part of your remix.

14 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

I'm guessing the energy was not found, since I don't have an entry, and there remain only 45 minutes.  Should be interesting anyway, since both Gario and Aleix have said this was an unusual entry for them.

Sorry mate, couldn't get over my slump.  Gonna probably regret it later, but stuff happens.

On 2/17/2016 at 3:48 PM, Jorito said:

Congrats to WarMachine for winning, with a clear lead in the last few votes. And better luck for me in the next round ;)

Thanks brother, and as always, FANTASTIC job! :)  Just entered my submission for round 2, I'm REALLY pleased with the way it turned out, i hope you all are too (when the songs are released haha ;) )