Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

First of all; thanks MW for the feedback! I eat that stuff up like you wouldn't believe. Also thanks to everyone who voted for me! I got exactly 7 more votes than I was expecting to.

Secondly; I'll say right now that I won't be participating in the Dracula bracket due to other commitments. Best of luck to everyone else in the competition!

Soma Round 2 is up!  I'll get the voting thread up in a bit.

Speaking of voting, the Alucard Round 2 vote has ended in a dead-even tie!  However, Gario didn't vote, and Aleix did.  Before making any decisions about how to proceed, I want to check in with both of them; if Gario was following my initial instructions that participants not vote (which I changed based on the new forum poll system), then this was a miscommunication and he should probably proceed.  Otherwise, we can either have both of them advance and add a round to the compo, or they can do a tiebreaker speed round this week if they're up for it.

Thanks, your submission was the closest I've ever been in a compo, so high props for that. I've had issues before on voting for myself, so not being sure about who did what I was playing it safe (and hoping for literally any other voting outcome than a tie, where that would be relevant, lol). For the future, everyone should vote for themselves, in order to avoid this little snag.

Great round!

Just now, wildfire said:

Wow! I've never heard this before, but I must have been subconsciously channeling it!

Actually, I just noticed that the arps in Out of Time and Inner Quarters are really similar, so that's why.  And they both open with that arp exposed.

Tough choice this week.  I think Wildfire's mix stands better alone, but Ether's makes better use of Riddle especially.

I totally hate when people say how close their votes are (especially when i disagree with them ;-) ), but I understand their perspective on that. This vote was super close for me, and it took 4 listens each before I was confident in what I was preferring. The production was pretty close for all of them to me, and the arrangements were all good, I voted for the one that had the most energy. 

44 minutes ago, wildfire said:

I thought In Yer Castle was a better arrangement of the 3 sources (especially Inner Halls, I had a hell of a time integrating that one), but I voted for myself because :P 

I really like your arrangement of the other two sources though. Especially the way you treated the piano part from Inner Quarters -- I have not been able to integrate it that cleanly into my mixes!

I have to say I don't know if I'll be able to have the time to finish a remix for this week, I've got a lot on my plate which I can't really talk about for now but it's more than one thing and all of them are big and time consuming.  I will try to at least turn up a wip like last time.

BTW if anyone wants to hear the completed version of my WIP, you can fin it here, i totally forgot to post it.  I didn't include the castlevania 2 source in the end though so its all vampire killer like the WIP.