South Park

The Orichalcon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Huh... this thread hasn't been purged by the hands of time. That's weird.

Anyway, new South Park tonight!

1108 - Le Petit Tourette

"Cartman discovers the joys of having Tourette’s syndrome. Drunk with the power of saying whatever he wants without getting in trouble for it, he lines up National TV Coverage to take advantage of his new life with no filters."

• 5 weeks later...

*attempting to revive the thread

So did anybody watch the Trilogy?

I really enjoyed the return of the Woodland Critters and seeing Mario, Manbearpig, the Katamari Prince and Link in there. Overall it was enjoyable but not quite as epic as I initially thought it was going to be.

Has anyone else noticed the trend they had this season with Cartman? Early on, he put Butters' penis in his mouth. Then, in the Tourette's episode, he "admitted" that he and his cousin put penises in their mouths. Now, he spent three whole episodes trying to get Kyle to suck his balls. Of course, there are excuses for all of these. Cartman wants to humiliate Butters and Kyle, and he can't control what he's saying in the other example, but still, 5 episodes spent with an obsession with male genitalia? I can't help but think that next week they'll spoof the Harry Potter 'scandal' and reveal that they, too, have a gay main character: Cartman.

EDIT: He admitted in the Tourette's episode to touching penises, not putting them in his mouth. Thanks, q-pa.

*attempting to revive the thread

So did anybody watch the Trilogy?

I really enjoyed the return of the Woodland Critters and seeing Mario, Manbearpig, the Katamari Prince and Link in there. Overall it was enjoyable but not quite as epic as I initially thought it was going to be.

Don't forget Wario! :<

It seems--as South Park has done in the past--like they were going for that "mock-epic" feeling. What with the music and the suspenseful climax of part II.

"We must nuke... our imaginations. 8O"

Also, was it just me or did the definition of imagination in part III paralell with the definition of torture being argued around today?

Then, in the Tourette's episode, he "admitted" that he and his cousin put penises in their mouths.

I thought it was that they touched penises, no?

That's the power of basing a good portion of the shows on current events. Satire and social commentary, as long as it remains creative, never goes out of style. I remember when the Elian Gonzalez thing went down in FL on like a Sunday, and South Park had a hilarious show scripted, animated and ready to go by Wed. After that episode, I started expecting them to be around for a very long time.