Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

• 3 weeks later...

this isnt directly related to the album, but I thought you guys might like to know that Takeshi Shudo, the writer for Pokemon, died Saturday morning, October 30.

Here's the article: http://tellycafe.com/general-news/takeshi-shudo-pokemon-and-minky-momo-creator-dies-at-61/

I think when I say that a large part of my childhood died with him I speak for everyone at least on this thread.

Yeah.... it sucks that he died, sorry to hear that. But he had absolutely nothing to do with the games, which this album is strictly about, so saying this would be a "tribute" is just all kinds of wrong.

That's right. The games only had an indirect influence on his work. The Pokemon games spawned everything else, but his work was all the best scripts of the anime. Nevertheless, it's a tragic death.

By the way, Damned, have the higher authorities replied to you about the release?

Yeah.... it sucks that he died, sorry to hear that. But he had absolutely nothing to do with the games, which this album is strictly about, so saying this would be a "tribute" is just all kinds of wrong.

i meant no harm or offense in saying that. he still helped to bring Pokemon to life, but in this context you are correct.

That's right. The games only had an indirect influence on his work. The Pokemon games spawned everything else, but his work was all the best scripts of the anime. Nevertheless, it's a tragic death.

By the way, Damned, have the higher authorities replied to you about the release?

Yes, it's coming out, right after all the other albums are released. There are, what... four or five in the queue right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...