Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver

March 14th release in the States?

CRACK THE WHIP, GODDAMMIT!

Ha, I remember when once upon a time the race was to finish the project before Diamond/Pearl hit stateside. Damned felt that the album would face a huge setback since everyone working on it would, as true Poke'mon fans, switch gears to the new game.

And here we are almost three years later. I cannot wait to hear the final product.

A good thing that many (positive) things happened in that time. Resulting especially in a whole lot more mixes

once the final tracklist is organized, i'm going to do a bunch of kickass pokemon remixes and fux some things up around here.

i need to get back to spamming the pkmn forums.

Updated the tracklist a bit, including the more recent ones.

Also, I want more Prophet remixes. You don't get enough credit for the stuff you've done.

OK, so there's a bit of an issue with artwork at this point.

Basically, we have had several different artists come in at different points, and they all did some nice work... but their individual styles and skill levels aren't matching well.

I've also noticed that we don't really have a coherent overall style or subject. It's mostly different little clips of artwork scattered all over the place. I believe the issue with that is that we (and certainly myself, of course) were in what I like to call "OK, that's awesome and let's do it now and not look back" mode.

So for now, I've locked the project board's artwork thread, and will be reconsidering the entire direction of the album's artwork.

It might be a few days before there's any real decision made.

I'd like to thank our artists for the work they have done so far. It's not your fault per se, so much is it is a lack of managing it better on my part.

Just listened to Champion's Horizon on OCAD, and it was absolutely beyond awesome. I remember the first time I surfed to Route 27 and heard that theme. That, and finding out that I was in Kanto (that's right, fucking Kanto from RBY) gave me an experience that was close to an orgasm, and the remix absolutely portrayed the feeling I had when I went into Kanto in Silver. Awesome work, Willrock. Can't wait for this song along with the others on the album.

Just listened to Champion's Horizon on OCAD, and it was absolutely beyond awesome. I remember the first time I surfed to Route 27 and heard that theme. That, and finding out that I was in Kanto (that's right, fucking Kanto from RBY) gave me an experience that was close to an orgasm, and the remix absolutely portrayed the feeling I had when I went into Kanto in Silver. Awesome work, Willrock. Can't wait for this song along with the others on the album.

Agreed. It sounded pretty freakin' sweet.

Hmmm...

So you're having art woes eh?

I know plenty of really good artists that might be able to pitch in. I know that other OCR album art usually have a single artist making them so as to be consistant.

I can't say much for my art myself, and I'm not sure it would be up to snuff, but I have connections. If you think you could use a different artist to work on it, let me know, I can find someone.

No offense to the rest of the artist. Heck, I haven't even seen the existing art in question, but I can tell ya that art consistancy is pretty important when it comes to presentation, and if you have a lot of artists working on one project, well, it can sometimes look sloppy, no matter how good the individual art looks.

Just my two cents. :P

hey, did i ever submit a final wav of my track? i don't even know. it was like four years ago.

I'm in this boat as well. Is my wav needed?

hey, did i ever submit a final wav of my track? i don't even know. it was like four years ago.

Nope, you did not.

I'm in this boat as well. Is my wav needed?

Yes, all wavs are needed.

Listened to the preview in the first post, hoping to hear the R/B Rival theme (one of my fav tracks) and it was there. And I loved it. So now I really can't wait for this... ^_^ Even though I've been waiting 3 years already. :P

EXTRA! EXTRA! PROJECT DIRECTOR ASKS ALL ALBUM ARTISTS TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND GET THEIR WAVS IN! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

It's journalism; if you don't sensationalize the facts you don't sell anything! ;P

EXTRA! EXTRA! PROJECT DIRECTOR ASKS ALL ALBUM ARTISTS TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND GET THEIR WAVS IN! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

It's journalism; if you don't sensationalize the facts you don't sell anything! ;P

As a journalist, I should be slightly offended by that. :-P

But I'm also a realist, so I'm not. :tomatoface:

EDIT: Loved the sample, btw - especially the RYB theme, and the second bit. And the next to last one, too.

Now I'm confused... :D

Meh, the link in my sig should help... which reminds me, I should check the poll results...

halc got his in. They were awesome. I emitted some sort of fluids when I listened to them.

Mostly tears of joy.

Mostly.