The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Question. In this image

http://www.landofthelegend.net/Hyrule/media/games/z15/graphics/z15oa_coverart.jpg

Is that Zelda in the twilight cloak on the right hand side? Or possibly another character?

I cant really tell

It doesn't really look like Zelda in the picture, I mean, those eyes are kind of wierd looking. But then again, it does look like it's holding a harp... so it could be!

*gasps at the thought of Sheik returning*

Question. In this image

http://www.landofthelegend.net/Hyrule/media/games/z15/graphics/z15oa_coverart.jpg

Is that Zelda in the twilight cloak on the right hand side? Or possibly another character?

I cant really tell

It doesn't really look like Zelda in the picture, I mean, those eyes are kind of wierd looking. But then again, it does look like it's holding a harp... so it could be!

*gasps at the thought of Sheik returning*

Eh i doubt its Sheik

Looking at it some more im thinking it may be Minda

My first thought tho was that the woman was a gerudo but the face seems to pale.

Alright, previews so far point to it being:

-The toughest Zelda so far. Expect multiple deaths at the hands of multiple enemies.

-Longest Zelda so far. MOAR HUEG THAN XBOAX!

-Most storyline developed Zelda. Remember how much you hated Navi with her HEY LOOK LISTEN? Now turn that hate into love and that's how much you'll love Midna's personality. lol wisecrackery. She may not be an HK47, but she'll do.

-Plenty of good miscellaneous stuff like fairly good songs (but little audio quality with the fake choirs and fake orchestrations. Few of the songs are mostly live stuff) excellent boss, item, and character design, so-so textures but immensely vast fields, like SotC, etc.

My prediction of BEST ZELDA EVAR might indeed come true.

-The toughest Zelda so far. Expect multiple deaths at the hands of multiple enemies.

-Most storyline developed Zelda. Remember how much you hated Navi with her HEY LOOK LISTEN? Now turn that hate into love and that's how much you'll love Midna's personality. lol wisecrackery. She may not be an HK47, but she'll do.

-Plenty of good miscellaneous stuff like fairly good songs (but little audio quality with the fake choirs and fake orchestrations. Few of the songs are mostly live stuff) excellent boss, item, and character design, so-so textures but immensely vast fields, like SotC, etc.

link? (lol pun)

hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

..Gasp...must...have...Wii....

Edit: I think Midna is cool. I wish I could turn into a wolf and have a little goblin friend.

link? (lol pun)

link.jpg

But seriously, it's just my personal opinion from what I've read of several previews. No one link.

Also.

ITT we will now closely monitor Twilight Princess' flight in GameRankings.com land. Will it be able to surpass the current number 1 ranking game, Ocarina of Time?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess at GameRankings.com currently with 97% from 7 media outlets, including the important GameSpy.

According to some reviews, it seems that the Wiimote might actually be a hinderance at some spots and apparently it doesn't allow the finesse that one expects out of a motion sensing controller. And for a Wii to basically play an enhanced Gamecube graphics on it, I would think it would be easier to critique, whether it's fair or not.

I think I'll stick to the Gamecube version.

According to some reviews, it seems that the Wiimote might actually be a hinderance at some spots and apparently it doesn't allow the finesse that one expects out of a motion sensing controller. And for a Wii to basically play an enhanced Gamecube graphics on it, I would think it would be easier to critique, whether it's fair or not.

How easily can you do a spin-attack maneuver in Wind Waker?

I dunno about you, but I could almost never do one without queuing. It was even harder in the Gamecube version of OoT. Aiming for enemies in Wind Waker was also a pain sometimes.. and trying to shoot on horseback in OoT/MM was also very difficult, especially when hunting for Poes.

No offense, but saying that "according to some people the wiimote isn't that great sometimes" is kinda silly. And people's expectations of a motion sensing controller might vary.. just a little bit.

I would try it before I swore off the Wii version, at any rate.

I dunno about you, but I could almost never do one without queuing. It was even harder in the Gamecube version of OoT. Aiming for enemies in Wind Waker was also a pain sometimes.. and trying to shoot on horseback in OoT/MM was also very difficult, especially when hunting for Poes.

No offense, but saying that "according to some people the wiimote isn't that great sometimes" is kinda silly. And people's expectations of a motion sensing controller might vary.. just a little bit.

I think it's the whole point that the spin maneuver isn't as easy to pull off. Otherwise it'd be cheap. That's why the designs of the older games were much tighter in that sense. It all corresponded to the movements of the sticks and buttons well. I don't think this is surprising though. Even with the Twilight Princess, I could definitely see Nintendo yet to fully master the new controller.

Another criticism I saw coming a mile away was how apparently the game is pretty easy compared to the likes of Majora's Mask or OoT. It seems that all the new Zeldas have a much easier learning curve. I wish the games were as challenging as LttP once was.

Another criticism I saw coming a mile away was how apparently the game is pretty easy compared to the likes of Majora's Mask or OoT. It seems that all the new Zeldas have a much easier learning curve. I wish the games were as challenging as LttP once was.

linkplz, I want to know who called it too easy. I've yet to hear that criticism from anyone yet.

I think it's the whole point that the spin maneuver isn't as easy to pull off. Otherwise it'd be cheap. That's why the designs of the older games were much tighter in that sense. It all corresponded to the movements of the sticks and buttons well. I don't think this is surprising though. Even with the Twilight Princess, I could definitely see Nintendo yet to fully master the new controller.

That's a good point. It's possible that they wanted to make certain moves easier to let people get used to the controls. I have heard battles are difficult, not necessarily because of the wiimote, but more because the enemies are just hard - unlike in the other 3D games(at least Wind Waker, my memory of the other two is dimmer).

LttP was challenging? I mean, I was really young at the time I first played it, but it was no more challenging than any other game I played. Although, pretty much the only thing I clearly remember from it was discovering Chris Houlihan's room...

That's a good point. It's possible that they wanted to make certain moves easier to let people get used to the controls. I have heard battles are difficult, not necessarily because of the wiimote, but more because the enemies are just hard - unlike in the other 3D games(at least Wind Waker, my memory of the other two is dimmer).

LttP was challenging? I mean, I was really young at the time I first played it, but it was no more challenging than any other game I played. Although, pretty much the only thing I clearly remember from it was discovering Chris Houlihan's room...

LttP was really tedious, but not quite as challenging as Link's Awakening. HOLY SHIT to Link's Awakening I might say. I still haven't beaten Eagle's tower, prolly cuz I haven't played the game sincee I was young, but that game seemed to me to be the epitome of brain killer.

LttP was really tedious, but not quite as challenging as Link's Awakening. HOLY SHIT to Link's Awakening I might say. I still haven't beaten Eagle's tower, prolly cuz I haven't played the game sincee I was young, but that game seemed to me to be the epitome of brain killer.

Amen. Eagle's Tower had some KILLER puzzles. They should bring those back, but I'm sure Nintendo probably regretted making it that hard.

Remember, they are reviewing it as a Wii game, not as a GCN game. As a Wii game, it has room for improvement graphically. I'd be interested to see how the GCN version does in reviews though.

Yeah, but does that mean an 8.8, especially when every other reviewing site gave it a 9.5+. Are they really saying that this game is comparable to Super Monkey Ball (8.3)and Trauma Center (8.0)?

Also

Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Graphics