OCR00673 - Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross "Molding of Destinies"

m68030

OCR00673 - Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross 'Molding of Destinies'

Beautiful. I really enjoyed this one. Nice and smooth. You know the

monkey machine isn't always a hardcore industrial grind your

ass on a rusted cog fan. No, sometimes I need something just

flat out gorgeous to listen to. and this would definitely fit the bill.

I'm usually not one for any sort of multi-piece combination (let alone from different games, even if they do have the same composer), but the only way I can describe this track is 'beautiful'.

Great job, you may have just changed my mind about the potential of crossover pieces ^_^

I don't normally post reviews, but for this track I must.

I was just doing the usual: going to ocremix checking for new stuff and reading the forums. This is a rutine I've been doing for quite some time now, but today was a little different because I fell in love with this song. It mixes Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross seamlessly together in a very impressive orchestrated mix. These 2 games are in my top 25 games of all time and I absolutely love what has come from the mix of their music. Absolutely beautiful! I want more!

I have to agree, this is a most lovely remix of the CT/CC theme.. I have one minor gripe.. but it also may be my WinAmp.. somewhere around the 3 minute mark... it skips.. it's not a bad skip.. but like.. well you know when on TV edited words used to be blipped out with taht bleep noise... and now they just fade over it, by taking out the sound for that word? That's what it does. like I said, it may be my WinAmp... but I thought I'd point that out..

I just love it though.. It looks like I'm going to be forced to make me a cd of Trptcox's music to listen down on the road (and also to help me fall asleep peacefully) :þ

First and fore most, I'd like to say that I have never EVER played Chrono Cross (yet I should). I'd also like to say that I IDOLIZE Tprtcox, so, my review MAY be a tad biased, but I doubt there's anything wrong witht he song anyway...

The beginning of this song starts off with a beautiful anfd VERY realistic bass, then accompanied by a flute and a piano duet, where a strings serction joins in around 1:00. At 1:12, the mood changes from a calming sound, to sort of a triumphant sound and then calms down again around 1:48 where it turns into Schala's theme using that same flawless bass. At 2:10 he blends both songs together seemlessly. At around 2:40, he changes the mood back to truimph with the main theme from Chrono Trigger. I'd honestly have to say I haven't heard this song pulled off this good since Mistuda himself. The brass in the ending doesn't actually have as good a quality as the rest of the song, but he still pulls it off beautifully.

In closing, as expected, Trptcox has once again made an extremely beautiful arrangement which brings back a bunch of great memories from Chrono Trigger for me. This is DEFINATELY a keeper. Mitsuda & Uematsu would be jealous if they heard what this man has done with there music...

I'd give this song a number rating, but...I'd be too high..

I started listening to this mix and the first thing that happened was I found it too soft and so I decided it had to be listened to through head phones. I put the head phones on and sure enough, major improvement but still sounded like something could be done with the bass and the piano. Maybe if the bass was a little deeper and louder, and the piano had just a tad more volume so it didn't sound so distant.

When Schala's theme kicks in, that’s incredible. The mixture of that and the Chrono Cross theme are just superb. Too bad it’s so short.

I love the Chrono Cross theme, it’s probably one of my favourite pieces of orchestrated game music, and I must say that part of this mix was excellently executed. The only thing that I didn't like was the drums, the snare seemed some how muffled or maybe not loud enough, and the crashes seemed possibly too loud and felt like it was stabbing my ears.

After hearing this I decided "well, better express my thoughts." So I find my way to this topic and see 9 posts of nothing but good things to say about this song. I'm now trying to decide if this is all just my ears, the fact that I just got up and I might be grouchy had a small factor, or if I'm just a total ass who lacks taste.

Anyways, this is a very excellent song with maybe a few small problems. All songs have a couple, so it’s probably nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd say what I felt about it. Great piece Trptcox, I know you've proven that you do excellent work, and before this I believe I enjoyed everything I heard.

As for the rest of you... P.. Pl.. Please... Please don't jump on me and act like rabid animals, pretty please.

or if I'm just a total ass who lacks taste
Yeah I think that's it ;D (kidding)

I must say that I personally loved this mix, it made it's way onto my most recent CD. I'm not as cool with the latter part of the mix as I am the first two areas, but that's because I'm not as keen on that particular theme.

Either way, an excellent submission by Trptcox (TeeArePeeTeeCOX), and since I accidentally stumbled upon the topic decided I had to add my 2 cents (That's Canadian cents too. About equivalent to a handful of American pebbles).

Listening right now.

Great funky pizzacato groove in the beginning. Very bouncy, yet smooth at the same time with the strings gliding.

Chords around 1:20 are nice and full. I like how you switch over to Schala around 1:45, and then use the earlier theme gliding over it.

Chrono's theme comes in rather abruptly at 2:30. The tempo switch is a little off, but I still works. 3:05 is fantastic, with the gliding strings and snare. The rest of this is pretty straightforward, not as bombastic or powerful as I would have liked.

All said, this ReMix is damn solid. Fantastic job.

I think my wife would enjoy this piece, and she's quite far from being a "remix" fan. The rhythmic plucked bass and piano, and smooth winds together at the beginning are beautiful, simply beautiful. Well-balanced, flowing, and just -- it just sounds good.

I do wish that the sound from the first half stuck with it more through the rest of the song. I don't like the direction it takes at 2:30 or so, but it does wrap up nicely in the end. Excellent piece, I'd download it again in a heartbeat!

• 1 month later...

If there's ever the "Symphonic Clock Work: OverClocked ReMix Orchestral" album, I know what tracks #1-#12 are going to be (which should save on printing costs, just cut and paste "Molding of Destinies" a dozen times.

I don't have one single complaint about this one, other than...no I don't have a single complaint about this one. It's got it all, from the sweeping orchestral sound, bass pizzicato, swelling crescendos, emotional highs and lows, and the transitions from piece to piece are professional. The 1:43-1:57 transition when Schala's Theme comes in on the bass line from Chrono Cross, then slides with a cymbal crash to the Chrono March as 2:28...ye gods. I am not worthy, I hope to stand in the shadow of people who might be someday.

This remains one of the best pieces of work on this or any other vg music site. Period. You would be criminally remiss in the lack of having this one on your playlist, punishable by law in the great state of Weebleland.

10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Blending toghether the bass and piano, and mixing in the strings a while later was risky, but this mix turned out to be amazingly well done. Im amazed to see how well Russell mananged to blend all this toghether. From Chrono's theme to schala's theme from the orignal chrono trigger. With a few different arangements too !

This song is an amazing example of what people can hope to achieve with patience, and that out-of-the-blues ideas arent always back

(oh and russell, i love chrono's theme!)

...but in all seriousness, this is probably the best sound-quality I've ever heard in a remix. It sounds almost as if you're sitting in a hall listening to it.

The beat at the beginning is almost catchy... and the piano and flute combo really is affective. Fields of Time and Schala's Theme... strangely go together well. I love the transition into Schala's theme circa 1:30... then Crono's theme... well. First, it's the best Orchistral Theme of any game... and it is very well executed by Russell...

In conclusion... download it. :wink: You won't be disappointed with this crossover remix.

(Russ... go get a job at Squaresoft)

(Russ... go get a job at Squaresoft)

Hahahaha! Thansk for the advice, but I don't envision myself working for a videogame company in the future. Writing for the silver screen as always been my dream and ambition. I will succeed in attempting this venture or die trying.

~RC

P.S. Thanks guys for the comments thus far, I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

OMG!!!!! :D THIS SONG BE MUCHO BOMB!! I know I'm late for a review, but I just hear it. As a Crono finatic, I appreciate high quality Crono/CT/CC songs/themes/remixes. This song is magnificent!! Beatiful pizzicato bass, awesome piano, wonderful flute. And then too change into another song, then wrap up in Crono's Theme........WOW!! I love it. It gives me great ideas to make a song. Thank you for the inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00673 - Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross "Molding of Destinies"