Sign in to follow this  
starla

FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

Or you could just double click on each note individually. For starters, here's a duration/start time configuration for 12th-note's:

Note one:

Start time - 1:1:00

Duration - 0:0:32

Note two:

Start time - 1:1:32

Note three:

Start time - 1:1:64

Note four:

Start time - 1:2:00

SO ON AND SO FORTH. I made use of this in my most recently submitted (and not yet posted) remix.

:!:FruityLoops is not a sound recorder:!:

You can not hook up some MIDI, sequence some notes in FL, and expect it all to export. You have to play back the MIDI sequence in FL and record it using something like Sound Forge or CoolEdit.

FL Studio (soon to be released) will have a built in Wave Editor so things like this will be possible from within FL, but until then, all sounds from external sources must be recorded in another program and then loaded into FL as a sample.

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I can't find it anywhere (I've looked). How do you adjust something without starting a new note? I mean, say a note is holding, but I want it to change cut without having to start a new note each time I want to change the cut. Or the velocity. Or any one of those things like that, you know on the Piano Roll window, pretty much anything that goes on that lower section. It gives you the option to change things at the beginning of each notes, but not in the middle of one. Is there any way I could do this? Thanks

Rellik, have you tried using the Edit Events window? if you right click on the knob you want to change, you can edit the event of it moving position, or you can record an automation if you press the record button before playback, and then control the knob with the mouse. i hope this helps. :?

Uh, hi. I'm interested in getting FL and I was wondering if FruityLoops FULL was worth the extra 50 dollars more than FruityLoops PRO.

Thanks in advance.

Uh, hi. I'm interested in getting FL and I was wondering if FruityLoops FULL was worth the extra 50 dollars more than FruityLoops PRO.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it kinda depends. Do you want free updates for life or paid-for VSTi and DXi? Because in Pro, most of the VSTi are demos, but in Full, they are not. and the VSTi separately is probably worth more than $50.

Eh, it's me again. New problem: I've imported a MIDI and I'm trying to tweak it (Ultimately, to save it as an Mp3. Song enhancement purposes only). However, everything I do always resets to the way it was when I loaded the MIDI when I play it. Help?

Hi, have another question!

Now, this will need an example to explain, so here's a link to my piece where the problem is in: http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/rellik/Translate.mp3

In the second incarnation of the piano, for some reason some notes cut off inconsistently for no apparent reason. I mean the part where the piano gets really busy and takes over the parts that used to be played by the bright, somewhat fuzy instrument in the beginning and the bass line. I think it might have something to do with the piano being really too busy to handle all of its notes correctly, but I have no idea what to do about it.

Also, does it sound a little amateurish to you? Maybe you could give me some tips to make it sound more; you know experienced, more authentic, more professional? That would be appreciated.

All of you knowledgable Fruity Loopers seem really busy here with us question-askers. Remember, I try to help out with what I know... but that isn't really alot :oops: . But I will try to direct people to the FL 101 forums instead of just posting their questions everywhere when I can.

BTW, I'm just getting into this "gating" business; I haven't tried it out yet, but it seems really cool! More control over the notes is always a good thing.

Rellik, could i please have a link to the flp? i think i'd be able to help you out more by lookign at that than by what you've described..

however, on the last tab on the sampler module, there is a knob that says "gate" if you have this set to full, there is no cut off of the note, but if its set any less than that, it will cut the note off after that maney milliseconds have passed... this can help synths, but hurt pianos.

Good idea, and I would upload the flp except that it uses soundfonts, and having to download them all would be kind of hassle, don't you think?

That gate thing is cool!

So I should have it on full gate? But I'm glad I know what it is now... it was starting to really confuse me. I knew what "gating" was, and now see what the gating knob is I see what's going on :)

Thanks

Hey just a quick question. I recently d/led a 100meg sound bank. I import one of my MIDIs and I drag the soundfont to the box left of the instrument. I then click on it, but I cannpt find where or how I am suppose to assign it a specific font. Can anyone help?

In the second incarnation of the piano, for some reason some notes cut off inconsistently for no apparent reason. I mean the part where the piano gets really busy and takes over the parts that used to be played by the bright, somewhat fuzy instrument in the beginning and the bass line. I think it might have something to do with the piano being really too busy to handle all of its notes correctly, but I have no idea what to do about it.

In the piano's track properties, go to the "MISC" tab and check to see how many voices of polyphony it's given. You need to have one voice of polyphony for each simultaneous note you want to press. For example, if you want to play eight notes at once, you'll need a max polyphony of eight.

This is only a possible solution, though. It could be a number of things.

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to to this forum, and I hope you guys will be able to help me. I just started using Fruityloops not too long ago, and am wondering whether is it possible to export scores from fruityloops (from the piano roll) and output into a music score sheet? Is there any way to do that? It'll make my life much easier on my keyboard/electone.

Thanks guys!

Mystical,

I don't think you can export scores directly from piano roll ... However, it's fully possible to export whatever music you've got already programmed into it out as a MIDI, then to import the MIDI into something like Cakewalk, which will allow you to view your song as a score.

I'm not that fluent with FL, either, but I'm fairly sure you can't view the song as a score using it.

Actually, you CAN export scores from the piano rolls. However, it saves them to .fsc files... which, as far as I know, are only useable by FL.

To do this, simply open the piano roll window of whatever it is you want exported, click on the little icon in the upper-left hand corner of that window, go to File --> Export As...

No sweat.

Hey just a quick question. I recently d/led a 100meg sound bank. I import one of my MIDIs and I drag the soundfont to the box left of the instrument. I then click on it, but I cannpt find where or how I am suppose to assign it a specific font. Can anyone help?

is it in SF2 format? this is the biggest problem with FL noobs...

is it in SF2 format? this is the biggest problem with FL noobs...

yes, it is SF2 :oops: I know I'm a nOOb with FL. All I plan on using it for is converting my Finale MIDIs to mp3 so any info on with this would be much appreciated.

In the top menu-----go to CHANNELS----ADD ONE---and choose Fruity Soundfont player from the list.

The default Soundfont loaded is "Nineteen" for me...so, when you see that, its where the name of the soundfont will show up. Directly to the left is a folder, click that to import...

Also, below is PATCH BANK NAME....you'll see that, trust me. if the word NONE is under name, then you need to click the word none. WHen you do, a window will open up and you can select the instrument. Sometimes a soundfont will contain multiple instruments. You can load them here.

If you don't do the above, you will end up hearing nothing sometimes when you play a soundfont. At first I thought the fonts were broken when I did it, but I figured this out eventually.

The default channel is a SAMPLE...which would be Wavs and stuff.

I had the same problem when I first started using FL, had to figure it out on my own though...

You have to use the plug in though to add soundfonts, so hopefully you have obtained the full version of FL, AND the full version of the SOUNDFONT player for FL...if not a p2p program is nice. Maybe if you typed in Fruity Soundfont you'd find it...but of course, that's all theoretical right? :wink:

WHen you do, a window will open up and you can select the instrument.

arggggg.....this last step. The window is completely empty. I am not aware of this SoundFont player that you speak of. That may be the problem? Yes?

The window is completely empty.

You don't have the SF player? :?

Well, if you can load a .sf2 into FL, then you have the player. When there are no instruments in the soundfont, that means it is an incomplete file. A lot of times when I download from www.thesoundsite.net only 64 KB of a soundfont will be downloaded, and therefore there is no data inside the soundfont. Try redownloading the same file.