Bionic Commando returns...

SwordBreaker

http://www.gamespot.com/event/live/bionic-commando/?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

A classic that fans love is getting a remake for the 360 and PS3. I've never played the original before, but I'm sure a lot of you guys are excited. :)

I wonder if it's on the VC. Worth downloading and playing, you think?

Not hating on Bionic Commando, but I'd only be excited if Tim Follin was given the soundtrack.

That would be hella sweet!

Looks like the game will be in some sort of post-apocalyptic US city, from the highway signs and such. Blowing up Hitler's head wasn't enough?

I knew this was going to happen eventually. It was one of my favorite games as a kid, and it looks like it will be pretty cool. I was hoping it would be a Wii (you know, grappling hook and all) game, but to each his own - Being a military-based game, it will hit the right demographic on the 360. It's good to see that Capcom still knows a little bit about its roots, yet I wish they would give Megaman a similar treatment, or at least a workable budget. Cheers to this game.

I can't believe I am going to complain about a game the second we get news of it's existence, but there's a first time for everything. :P

I loved the first one and think this one will probably be pretty cool, but is that much shit on his arm really necessary? I suppose with realistic graphics they had to make it look plausible for the grappling arm to be able to hold his weight, but all of the tubes and stuff just look lame to me.

That being said, if the game rocks, I won't care what his arm looks like. Just sayin' is all.

QFE. If they screw this up I'll be absolutely furious.

Also, has anyone played the Game Boy game, and is it significantly different enough from the NES one to warrant me downloading it today in honor of the announcement?

I played through the game boy game. Not bad, nice animations, but it's kinda meh. Stick to the NES version, but you can check the GB one as it isn't terrible.

I dunno... I thought the Gameboy game was pretty sweet, although I never actually got to play the NES version for more than 10 minutes at a time, and for some reason I couldn't get into it. Oh well...

At any rate, I agree that this game could be unholy kinds of awesome if they just do it right, but it will piss off A LOT of people if they goofed up like turning it into a Devil May Cry clone or something.

I'm totally gonna do a hard rock arrangement of the first level of the GB version now.

What the...?

The new installment seems to be scrapping the futuristic Nazi angle in favor of having the new hero, Nathan Spencer, battle terrorists. Fortunately, Spencer is equipped with the same bionic arm that made his 8-bit counterpart so legendary. With it, Spencer can swing across chasms, scale heights and even throw cars and other large objects at his enemies. He’s being voiced by Mike Patton, former singer of Faith No More, who also lent his vocal talents to 2K Games’ The Darkness.

From Game Informer. I had no idea Patton actually did voice acting. I also find it surprising they wouldn't mention his more recent band.

Also, is it bad that this is what I first thought of when hearing "Bionic Commando?"