CONFIRMED: OC ReMixer Reuben Kee, 23, killed in boating accident (1984-2007)

Sgt. Fuzzy

Although I've just registered, I've been using the site for years. I remember the news about his death, too. I have the songs Legend of the Snake, and Legend of the Snake 2: Snake vs. Dragon. He did some great work. I would really like to hear some more work from him. What are some other good songs he's done besides Ascension to Cosmo Canyon?

I'm sure everyone who has come in contact with what Reuben does weather it be his MUGEN characters or his music (both remixed and original), feels a loss as if they had known him personally.

I think it's because he puts so much effort and heart into the things he does. Until I heard of his death I never made the connection that the Reuben here was the same Reuben that created the Mugen characters but it makes sense. They are both outstanding and inspirational. Enough so, to make him a distinguished member in both communities. I am sure the same can be said about his other hobbies like dragonboating and activities he may have done in school and with his friends. I can only imagine the loss that is felt by the people who knew him personally.

I certainly dug his anime remixes more than his game music. I've recently been trying to listen to his experimental singles but with no luck since it looks like downloads are no longer available on his Pathos. Anyone know why? And does anyone know that song that plays while the user chooses links on the 3D piano on the Pathos?

Man, he would've been my age this year. From the looks of his bio, he seemed like such a dynamic person with high marks in potential. I definitely had alot of respect for him, especially for his music since I've always been a sucker for piano. He was one of my favorites.

God Blessings to his family.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow.. I just randomly saw this post on the front page. Even though I didn't know him at all it's still very sad. Ascension to Cosmo Canyon is among my very favorite ReMixes, or any song for that matter. I'm sure he would have gone on to do great things.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Almost two years, eh... I remember when this was on the front page - it's terribly sad.

I wasn't a forum member at the time, though (nor was I involved in the forums), so I didn't read the touching thread that coincided with the incident. I honestly haven't understood how connected the community is until now - I'm glad to be a part of it. While I couldn't say it before, he is a remixer that I give my deepest respect, condolences and prayers to.

God be with you, Reuben.

• 10 years later...
On 11/22/2009 at 11:37 PM, Gario said:

Almost two years, eh... I remember when this was on the front page - it's terribly sad.

I wasn't a forum member at the time, though (nor was I involved in the forums), so I didn't read the touching thread that coincided with the incident. I honestly haven't understood how connected the community is until now - I'm glad to be a part of it. While I couldn't say it before, he is a remixer that I give my deepest respect, condolences and prayers to.

God be with you, Reuben.

It's been almost 11 years.  And I still listen to Reuben Kee's "Once Upon a Lifestream".

This loss is immeasurable.  What Reuben did in his lifetime was already extraordinary--if he had survived this event, I have no doubt he would have become a name that would have lived throughout centuries.

Rest in peace, Reuben Kee.  You were magnificent.  And as long as I live, I will continue to share your magnificence.

• 11 months later...