• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA
  • Software - Preferred Plugins/Libraries:[Plugins]: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Trilian, Battery, Reaktor, Sylenth1, Zebra2, Hive, Alchemy [Libraries]: Spitfire Albion & BML Series, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 42

Crash Bandicoot (+650)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 698 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in SC

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

I'm not familiar with the game, much less the actual source, but still this is a cool mix.
It's so darkly industrial and quite funky, and it reminds me ever so vaguely of something from Sonic 2. I really think it's quite an interesting track to listen to; there is a whole freaking lot going on and the occasional "rest stops" really keep this mix up in the air.

All in all, this is an amazing mix and well worth listening to.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,764 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Funky freshness.

#4 Antipode

Antipode

Tanooki Mario (+2000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

Awesome. This has the Justice sound down pat, and has got to be the outright punchiest song I've ever heard from this site - plus, you made the theme fit naturally! Great work. Hey, I think I'm recognizing a very short sample out of the Phantom tracks by Justice - that echoing background stab you use in the beginning, like at :17 and :25. That definitely adds some authenticity too!

Shit, the bass is just SIZZLING in this track. You've definitely earned another one of the spots for the remixes I keep permanently in my library!

#5 Emunator

Emunator

Judge, Double the Trouble! Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

Wait... a slap-bass that doesn't make me want to kill myself? :-o What's this world coming to!?

Seriously, this is crazy as hell. It reminds me of The Vagrance's mix off of Humans + Gears in the way that it doesn't feel much like a conventional song but you're so engrossed by the beat and the groove that it doesn't even matter. The quieter section toward the end right before the "final push" was really great, I almost forgot I was listening to the same mix!

0kqkzeB.png

· OCR Staff · Judge · Double the Trouble! Director ·

Soundcloud · OCR Artist Profile

#6 Sir_Downunder

Sir_Downunder

Little Mac (+550)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

I'm not really familiar with the game or the source, but it ain't stopping me from lovin' this funky track!

Have to agree with Antipode by saying this is one of the most punchiest mixes I've heard in quite a while. That slapped bass is godly, I can see why you say it was so fun to make :grin:

Not much more to say, other than that this tracks oozes awesome from every orifice :tomatoface:
Posted Image

#7 Sinewav

Sinewav

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationDantooine...... They're on Dantooine.

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:34 AM

Two funky remixes on the same day? I think I just crapped myself.

The slap bass is epic and the lead really tops it off nicely. Production, as far as my untrained ears can tell, is very tight. It almost sounds like it could fit right next to any Top 40 hit on the radio right now... except, you know, this one involves musical talent.

Good stuff.
Posted Image

#8 XiaoXiaoNeo

XiaoXiaoNeo

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:56 AM

Aw hellllll yeah! I first heard this in the WIP, and knew for sure it would be a hit. Friggin awesome song! I can tell that you touched this up too! There's more noodling thrown in there, an entirely new solo, and overall a much more fleshed out and pleasurable experience. Perfect improvements. Just like last time, I was bobbing my head the whole way through. Groovy as fuck.

GREAT JOB!!! :<
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.”

#9 Jaybell

Jaybell

Ness (+600)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

I'm 100 percent certain that I could claim this was a new Justice track and nobody would flinch.
Posted Image
relayanCe made it

#10 Sole Signal

Sole Signal

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

Fantastic mix. It's been fun listening to your progress from your old WIPs and getting more and more polished. Great work!

#11 BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

Dude this is soo sweet as hell. I'm diggin the frick out of this no complaints man great stuff.

"We are not wise enough yet, nor are we civilized. As long as there's prisons, police, armies, navies, we are not civilized. When the world joins together, and agrees to use the Earth intelligently...That'll be the beginning of the civilized age" - Jacque Fresco

#12 YoshMaster

YoshMaster

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:40 AM

Holy...!!! This is CRAZY!! The bass, it's taking over my body!!

My god this is funky!!!

I LOVE IT! :D
Never give up! Trust your instincts!

#13 Platonist

Platonist

Ness (+600)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

FUNKY BASS! YES!
but this is a little slower than i expected from the write-up. (this is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong, the fact that it's a little slower makes it more heavy, which is awesome).
Justice will prevail.

#14 metalsnakejuice

metalsnakejuice

Roll (+350)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Crank it up people its PrototypeRaptor!

Seriously this has to be your best remix so far.

#15 yosefu

yosefu

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

MY GOD this is just has one epic bassline. Its fun and funky to listen to. Great Job!!!
“A person's life is dyed with the colours of their imagination.”

#16 Flexstyle

Flexstyle

Judge, Double the Trouble! Producer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

This is probably one of, possibly THE finest dance-oriented song I've heard on OCR. Mega-props. Now I'm gonna go commit suicide by dancing too much, okaythanksbye. :-P

#17 jmr

jmr

Fox McCloud (+1200)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

I'm 100 percent certain that I could claim this was a new Justice track and nobody would flinch.

It certainly would have fooled me. :P
It's a very good imitation of that distinct Justice sound; the bass is spot on, and nice work approximating the Goblin samples that were used in Phantom.

This one gets a huge thumbs up from me. Great job!

#18 Doni

Doni

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

I like this one. I just wish the bass wasn't so much of a funk slap. This one could have rocked a lot harder for me if the bass wasn't so slapped out. Oh the temptations of a good slap synth. I have almost succumb to these myself. The solo was well executed but I feel all the solo'ing is just unwarranted.

But I do like it, even despite the bass synth wanking and that keyboard wank in the middle there somewhere. I'd like to remix the remix hahaha.

#19 Radiowar

Radiowar

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Locationcamnda

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

oh wow that bass is justice to a t
very nice PR

#20 DragonAvenger

DragonAvenger