Photo

The Legend of Korra (potential spoilers within)

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#21 StreetFlare

StreetFlare

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

If Book One is Air... I wonder what Book Two will be...

...unfortunately, there may not be one, the creators were waiting on ratings before confirming multiple seasons.

Took me an hour to find the show, considering I'm non-US based. However, when I did, I loved it. Well thought out, especially the pro-bending idea. I mean, what else could it be, an all-element Earth Rumble?

I have to admit, the first time I saw Tenzin, I lol'ed at his son acting like OM NOM NOM YUMMY HEAD.
There are three types of dubstep - the type that offends the producer, the type that offends the listener, and the type that offends everybody. Guess what that last one was?

#22 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,571 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

...unfortunately, there may not be one, the creators were waiting on ratings before confirming multiple seasons.

FALSE!! There's already been two seasons confirmed. Here's your proof; blog of one of the creators.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#23 StreetFlare

StreetFlare

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

FALSE!! There's already been two seasons confirmed. Here's your proof; blog of one of the creators.

Ah, I was reading it months ago, so I probably missed that announcement. Thanks for the clarification.
There are three types of dubstep - the type that offends the producer, the type that offends the listener, and the type that offends everybody. Guess what that last one was?

#24 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

No problem. I was actually worried you'd misinterpret my all-caps FALSE there ehehehe...

But yeah, really lookin' forward to Book 2. 12 episodes in Book 1 and 14 in Book 2 mean we've got a good amount of Korra ahead of us, and they're willing to make more if I'm not mistaken...

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#25 Obtuse

Obtuse

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I just saw this. I can't wait to see more!
Posted Image

#26 StreetFlare

StreetFlare

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

No problem. I was actually worried you'd misinterpret my all-caps FALSE there ehehehe...

Haha, despite being an Australian teen, I know what to look for - when a person on a semi-professional completely-awesome website types in all caps, either they're trolling, or being truthful. You, I thought the latter. Because your name is Kirby with an M. Like a boss...

I, too, am looking forward to more episodes....as long as we find out the story Katara was GOING to tell before that annoying brat (who reminded my sister and I of Ty Lee) interrupted.

#27 Brian6330

Brian6330

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I am definitely looking forward to this.

I just wonder how the whole story is gonna play out...
Posted Image
Be sure to check out my Video Game Forum and Blog. It has a great community and a blog to keep up with all video game news. Definitively worth checking out! There's some Video Game Sheet Music there as well!

#28 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Haha, despite being an Australian teen, I know what to look for - when a person on a semi-professional completely-awesome website types in all caps, either they're trolling, or being truthful. You, I thought the latter. Because your name is Kirby with an M. Like a boss...

I, too, am looking forward to more episodes....as long as we find out the story Katara was GOING to tell before that annoying brat (who reminded my sister and I of Ty Lee) interrupted.

We'll find out the truth of Ursa in the graphic novel miniseries The Promise. Part 1 is already out and I think Part 2 is coming in a couple months. Part 3, the final part, will be later this year as well. I already read Part 1, pretty cool. It really links TLA to LoK.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 DarkeSword

DarkeSword

Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director

• Moderators
  • 14,719 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Part 1 of the comic book sequel series is already out. If you haven't read it yet, you really should. It's very good and the tone of the book is basically the same as the show. If you are a TLA fan then it's basically required reading.

#30 Brian6330

Brian6330

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Where exactly can I watch the premiere?
Posted Image
Be sure to check out my Video Game Forum and Blog. It has a great community and a blog to keep up with all video game news. Definitively worth checking out! There's some Video Game Sheet Music there as well!

#31 Abadoss

Abadoss

Trenches Composer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Where exactly can I watch the premiere?

Link's in the first post...

#32 Thylacine

Thylacine

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Oh, this was fantastic. I was having Avatar withdrawals ever since I finished the series and I couldn't have asked for this to hit the spot better.

If I had to wager on Book Two's name, I'd say "Metal." It's being treated like an entirely different type of bending and it has its own "society."

I really hope this series ends up on Hulu or somewhere online where I can watch it.
Posted Image

#33 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

Oh, this was fantastic. I was having Avatar withdrawals ever since I finished the series and I couldn't have asked for this to hit the spot better.

If I had to wager on Book Two's name, I'd say "Metal." It's being treated like an entirely different type of bending and it has its own "society."

I really hope this series ends up on Hulu or somewhere online where I can watch it.

I was thinking Metal myself. With the joke of all music being metal. XD

Plus that would tie into the Chinese elements, with the three from A:TLA.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Abadoss

Abadoss

Trenches Composer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

From what I understand, Nickelodeon posts their episodes on their website. I'm not certain what kind of restrictions there will be with it.

Edited by Abadoss, 26 March 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#35 cobaltstarfire

cobaltstarfire

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationTransient

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

A lot of the big cable companies seem to only allow people to watch what they post up if you can "sign in" through your cable provider or something like that. I dunno if nick is doing this for LoK but I hope not if they are posting it online.
Posted Image

#36 Thylacine

Thylacine

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Looks like this is a job for... the INTERNET! *clicks over to nickelodeon.com*

Wow, this is a REALLY busy site. Ads everywhere. I can send a laptop to Africa, but I don't think it'll support Skyrim, so my heart's not in it. Also, yay slime.

...Oh, right, the show hasn't premiered. Not even the full eps are up. Well, it looks like I can view clips, so maybe they'll change. The main LoK site made me hopeful with the first two episodes on there, so they might provide it, too.

This is going to turn into a Team Bolin or Team Mako thing, isn't it? :(

Viacom is their company, and MTV has their shows on their website, so I doubt they'll do anything crazy (especially with a show that'll be so popular amongst the older Gen Ys). I made sure to stay there for no more than 30 seconds so my eyeballs didn't burn.
Posted Image

#37 Brian6330

Brian6330

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Link's in the first post...

:-| ... I feel stupid now.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#38 The Damned

The Damned

The Missingno Tracks Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,423 posts
  • LocationMossdeep? I think? Shit, where's the map on this?

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Torrent search?
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9771-2777
Steam ID: The_Damned_OCR

#39 Thylacine

Thylacine

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Torrent search?

Odd as it sounds, I think I'd prefer to watch it at the ad-producing sites. That generates revenue for the people who make it, right?

I'd prefer to do it at somewhere, uh, cleaner than Nick's site. Hulu would be ideal. Still, if there's anything I can do to make sure we get more of this kind of content out there, I'm all up for letting people bombard me with adverts every 8 minutes or so.
Posted Image

#40 Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • LocationOut of my mind

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

This was a fantastic start to the series and I'm already eagerly awaiting the next episode. Love the new characters, especially Tenzin and his kids. Meelo never stops being hilarious :D Kinda hope we'll get to see some of Tenzin's early years with his dad and mom as well.

Also, I've had a flash of inspiration and started a blog over at Wordpress, dedicated to recaps of Legend Of Korra episodes (and eventually the original series as well) with some of my own comments and thoughts. First episode of Korra is done, second one is coming soon!

http://amayirotakago.wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums