banjo electric-guitar folk rock strings tempo-fast

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

• Administrators
  • 8,767 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

this always has been one of my favorite tracks, and not just because it's a crash one. very infectious rhythm and very enjoyable to listen to. nice work!

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#3 Jabadoterry

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Locationwestern australia

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I loved it, awesome mix for crash bandicoot, I loved the game, loved this even more, I still own all the original playstation copy's of the games.

#4 Geoffrey Taucer

Geoffrey Taucer

Serious Monkey Business Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,637 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Production has room for improvement - the lead guitar tone in particular really doesn't mesh with the rest of the mix at the beginning, though it sounds MUCH better when the slide starts in.

Otherwise, I love it! OCR definitely needs more bagpipe and banjo love.
Posted Image
"No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should."
-Ann Druyan

#5 Shake

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Loved it when it was uploaded to DoD, love it still.

#6 Sansato

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

When I think of Crash Bandicoot, this is exactly the kind of thing that pops into my mind. It's Crazy, goofy, colorful...

This was just fun for me to listen to and I think it's a nice contrast to Rexy's other Crash ReMix.
I will update this sig when I have something useful to put here.

#7 Zidane

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Haha, oh my word. This is great. Compliments the raging boar memories running rabid through my mind right now. :]
Posted Image

#8 J*Rod

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

Whoa, thinking that I wouldn't hear any more of Flogging Molly after discovering Devil's Dance Floor, I was genuinely surprised that such an energetic style was brought to an adaptation of Crash Bandicoot's awesome music. Nice work!

I'll certainly have another track to listen to repeatedly. :mrgreen:
The star is silent, but prominent.

#9 Hum4n After All

Hum4n After All

Little Mac (+550)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationOrange County,CA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Finally some Bandicoot! Love it! Now we need some Spyro!
Posted Image

#10 Nobbynob Littlun

Nobbynob Littlun

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Ever since Little Sisters of Illusion I've basically just auto-downloaded everything by Rexy. I am pleased, most pleased, that this has the proper cheese I've come to expect.

Production has room for improvement

Are you mad??? You would ruin what makes this great by improving its production??? I am disappoint.

#11 evktalo

Joe Musashi (+2200)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

This is a damn kick-ass track. With all the fun of the musical style, this actually has kind of a dark ting to it. Really good instrumentation. The guitar is very juicy, I love the use of the slide here. There's one spot in the guitar track that doesn't sound quite as confidently played as it should - 0:55-1:02 - but that's a really minor nitpick in a great guitar track with just the right sound for the piece - I guess I somewhat disagree with Taucer there. The slide does sound really great though. The violin sounds pretty good too.

#12 Crulex

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Haha, yes! Southern Celtic Punk, it's so good here! Nothing better than a good ol'jam with Crash in a way that is reminiscent of Flogging Molly. Arrangement is very colorful and fun, and there is almost nothing I love more than a fun ReMix. I may have missed out on playing Crash Bandicoot, but at least the music is getting some good love. Nicely done you two.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: banjo, electric-guitar, folk, rock, strings, tempo-fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums