The Next Final Fantasy OCRemix Album is...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Final Fantasy should be remixed next?

• Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIV

• Liontamer changed the title to The Next Final Fantasy OC ReMix Album is...

And I, II, IV, VI, VII, and IX are already done, as is 40% of FFV.  Apparently there's an FFX mini-album, but certainly it could use the full treatment.  That leaves only XI of Uematsu's work, and it's not nearly as well-known as the others.

I'd actually throw in strongly for Mystic Quest, even though it's not a "mainline" Final Fantasy game (it's based more closely on the SaGa series), and it's not done by Uematsu.  But it has a fantastic and underrated rock-driven soundtrack.

XII all the way - I absolutely adore that soundtrack, Sakaguchi knocked it out of the park. His stuff on Vagrant Story was good, but XII was another level- just perfect for the world and the setting. It'd be good to focus in on a smaller section of tracks IMO, rather than trying to remix the whole soundtrack- maybe just a selection of tracks from the various different regions of Ivalice, like a XII travel guide?

On 04/29/2016 at 9:45 PM, MindWanderer said:

I'd actually throw in strongly for Mystic Quest, even though it's not a "mainline" Final Fantasy game (it's based more closely on the SaGa series), and it's not done by Uematsu.  But it has a fantastic and underrated rock-driven soundtrack.

Yeah, if there was a FFMQ project I would feel the need to be a part of it (to my own peril).