OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   League of Legends: More character remakes than Hollywood! (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35500)

Garian 07-05-2011 07:53 PM

In LoL, everyone should be buying wards every time they go back IMO. They're too cheap and offer SO MUCH to not be doing it to protect yourself, if not to keep an eye on Dragon/buffs. Too bad in most pub games I'm the only one warding and the people don't ever pay attention to the minimap anyway so... Yeah.

Bleck 07-05-2011 07:56 PM

the wards should always be bought by the tank or the jungler, because they're the only ones who can be roaming around putting them in strategic places without putting themselves in too much danger

Garian 07-05-2011 08:13 PM

There is so much wrong with that statement why are you trolling me.

Bleck 07-05-2011 08:20 PM

I am not sure if you are seriously accusing me of trolling but I assure you I am being serious here

not only should carries and/or off-tanks not have to worry about spending much needed money on wards, they probably shouldn't be wandering around in the jungle too much if they don't need to be or if they aren't accompanied

and if you're getting your team to protect the carry so that the carry can put wards down, I mean, come on

Garian 07-05-2011 10:28 PM

I understand your point, but they're really cheap, 75 gold is what, 3 melee minions? Lighting the map up like a christmas tree and being aware of every movement the enemy team makes is so much more powerful than having an IE/Rabadon's 20 seconds sooner. I would agree that in pub play the support/tank/jungler should be expected to ward, but if everyone is sharing the duty then the enemy will have no choice but to adapt (buy an oracle's elixir) or fail. It's win-win for the team doing the ward spam because they know where the enemy is or the enemy has to delay their items to deal with killing wards. Generally you don't want to go warding in offensive places if anyone is MIA anyway so babysitting a carry that's running off to ward is really silly too, I'd never suggest that... which brings me to my other point, it's never safe to invade their jungle unless 4 of the enemies are visible on the minimap and you're sure you can escape the fifth. Being a tank/support doesn't make a difference because getting caught off guard can seal the deal, but taking 2 seconds to ward the wraith/river ramp or the brush in mid is hardly exposing one's self to danger, particularly if the lane is pushed to their tower.

Also I wasn't accusing you of directly trolling me, it is my opinion that warding is something that should be done by the entire team-- Not necessarily aggressively unless there's a bit of map control advantage already (such as having taken a tower recently, particularly mid). It was just a reactionary turn of phrase, nothing personal meant, and I appreciate you clarifying why you have that opinion.

Dissidia 07-05-2011 10:37 PM

If you watched the championships pretty much everyone bought wards. There are spots that should be warded almost 100% of the time. Game time :3

Sir_NutS 07-05-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garian (Post 793309)
There are easily too many items with too few uses. Every AD (attack damage) carry gets Infinity Edge and Bloodthirster for damage and Zeal/Phantom Dancer for attackspeed. Every AP (ability power) carry gets Rabadon's Deathcap and Rylai's Crystal Scepter, anyone needing magic resist will get Banshee's Veil. It is rather dismaying really, because there are a lot of items that should see more use if they just weren't lackluster in comparison. I'm looking at you, Executioner's Calling (15% crit and 17% lifesteal with an activate that reduces healing/hp regen by half for 8 seconds on a 20 second cooldown). Morello's Evil Tome is another good example, it's basically Deathfire Grasp without the 30% nuke activate... it offers mana regen, cooldown reduction, and AP for only like 300 gold less.

There are items like rabadon's that are very popular and useful for anyone, but aside from a really small minority of items (like hauting guise) ALL items have their place in someone's build, as far as I've seen.

Bleck 07-05-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garian (Post 793457)
thingers

yeah whenever I make an unspecific statement about lol it's usually about pub play, you're definitely right in that wards are important to constantly have in premades

kitty 07-06-2011 03:47 AM

I find that wards are definitely a large determining factor in many of my pub matches in that the other team wards and mine doesn't and we lose.

BardicKnowledge 07-06-2011 02:26 PM

I've started taking Clairvoyance when I play support, and it's amazing. Any time I _might_ want a ward somewhere, I just cast it. The CD on it is amazing compared to how rarely you can use Ghost, Teleport, or Exhaust.