OCR02275 - Metroid "The Crimson Depths"

djpretzel

I've heard this track a hundred times before the album was released, and it never gets stale. This is the kind of soundscape I dream of achieving every time I open my sequencer and load my sample libraries.

This arrangement is compelling as heck and downright hypnotizing, and I wasn't even familiar with the Metroid franchise when I heard this. I can only imagine the enthusiasm of real fans when they get to hear this piece.

Beautiful, beautiful orchestration. To all the people who love epic orchestral arrangements--I urge you to check out this track as well as Sam's original music on his website. I assure you you won't be disappointed.

Sam, you're the man. Thanks again for this inspiring ReMix. Keep it coming!

Whoa. Very impressive. You certainly created a Hollywood soundtrack atmosphere in this arrangement. It's intense and exciting without being too over the top. The choir really adds something special to it instead of feeling forced.

I do have to say the trumpets don't hold up as well as the rest

I have to agree with C7 here. It's the one negative thing I can say. Otherwise, this is one fantastic orchestration.

Hehe, well the trumpet section was kind of an afterthought really, I just wanted something bright to help add some contrast at the end. The whole song could have been better honestly, but it was just a quick spur-of-the-moment idea piece. Nice to know you enjoyed it though! :)

I thought about submitting my other (less crappy) song, Into The Green World, but it would have taken too long.

So if you want to hear more, and see a little animated vid I put together for it, then please take a look at this:

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, this remix is better than the original song. It's so epic that it might as well be in a Hollywood-movie.

Truly an amazing remix! Keep it up!

It also reminded me of the album "Harmony of a Hunter". My first impression is that it's freaking awesome.

Thank you OCR for hosting and spreading all those great remixes!

Hehe, well the trumpet section was kind of an afterthought really, I just wanted something bright to help add some contrast at the end. The whole song could have been better honestly, but it was just a quick spur-of-the-moment idea piece. Nice to know you enjoyed it though! :)

I thought about submitting my other (less crappy) song, Into The Green World, but it would have taken too long.

So if you want to hear more, and see a little animated vid I put together for it, then please take a look at this:

:)

I just watched the video.

You shoud definitely submit Into The Green World to OCR as well although it's already in Harmony of a Hunter. It's such a fantastic piece of music. By submitting it to OCR people who haven't downloaded Harmony of a Hunter yet will be able to listen to it as well. Besides, it's just another good reason for them to get HOAH.

• 2 weeks later...
I just watched the video.

You shoud definitely submit Into The Green World to OCR as well although it's already in Harmony of a Hunter. It's such a fantastic piece of music. By submitting it to OCR people who haven't downloaded Harmony of a Hunter yet will be able to listen to it as well. Besides, it's just another good reason for them to get HOAH.

Hehe thanks, ok I will submit it right now then! Look out for it in about oh... 8 months? >_<

• 2 months later...

This mix really starts off nicely - I like what is going on in the background, and of course I absolutely love string instruments so hearing one in the forefront is always nice in my book :) . Sometime after a minute in everything sounds on the quiet side though for a minute or two. I know some of it is by design, but it seems a little too quiet to me. The build of this mix is great overall though, nice use of orchestration to bring the song into greater suspense of a lurking/brooding kind. The electronic element is subtle which is a nice and somewhat rare thing to see.

Great job overall!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say that I've never really been a Metroid guy, but the music is something you can't really deny. Nice to see this tune taken in such a cinematic direction where you can just feel the suspense build up. I'm a sucker for choirs as well, so I can dig those bits quite a lot. For something described as a dark waltz by some, this is my kind of tune. Damn good work with this ReMix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02275 - Metroid "The Crimson Depths"