ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 07-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to Royal Sovereign
Can we say..."Electroclash?" This mix is just plain fun to listen to -- the styling is unique, with its deliberate attempts to keep the 8-bit sound intact (the backbeat at the intro, for instance). VERY good stuff! It certainly and deservedly stands out.

http://royal-sovereign.deviantart.com/
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to trashmanal Send a message via MSN to trashmanal Send a message via Yahoo to trashmanal
Kicks major @$$

I was just going through my collection of ocremix MP3s to do a best of CD to play on my stereo. I remember AE was pretty good, and I listened to this track and wow! I didn't even notice the 8 bit in it until I reread djpretzel's review mentioning it, then I listened again and I was like wow, it is there! He puts it in so fantastically its hard to notice, but it keeps it real by having it in there *LOL* This track just comes at you screaming hardcore and only lets up to hit you harder the next time. Definitely an awesome track by all means.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

This is pretty good.
I like how it sounds.
I enjoy this much!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 PM

Great start, lackluster finish

Salutations Everyone,

A song that showed great promise, but had a disappointing ending. Everything up til 1:40 was awesome. The original score, revamped with new instruments, and sounding great.

However...after 1:40...things just got too abstract for me. The overall sound wasn't anything like the original. It felt like I was listening to a different song in some parts.

That aside, it is still an excellent remix attempt. My own personal preference is a remix which is more on-target with it's original score, but that's just me.
If your in the market for the original tune, with a different takeoff halfway through, then this remix is for you.

An "Old School" Gamer,

DKnight2066
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Dark Force (+9000)

Oh crap This is a totally cool remix with beats and nice drums, jamming with an excellent synth bass or something. I don┤t really care what they are, the only matter is the music, and that subject was superb. To bad that AE didn┤t have the same style in the beginning through the whole song. Anyway, this was truly solid, and for those who love techno, DON┤T HESITATE. DOWNLOAD IT! :D :D :D :D :D
Old 09-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

This right here is the Samuel L Jackson of Megaman 2 remixes.This was the first track I ever downloaded from this website,its the first track I ever really digged on Megaman 2 (now i do realy dig them all) and now its the first track I would consider playing in the backround of a horrendus battle betwixt good and evil.
The end,though it seems as though it doesn't belong,is still pretty awesome,and it always suprises and dissapoints me that its over.
I Love This Song.End.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Larry Oji, Community Manager, Moderator, Judge
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Weird, I can't say I've actively listened to this in full until tonight. Alex did a great job here connecting his original grooves with the Metalman material. Solid stuff.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Abobo (+600)

This is one of those few mixes that, imho, transcends the boundaries and expectations of the source. This isn't just a simple 'improvement', but an entire reimagining of a theme, i.e. a mix so well done that that's what the original theme should have been. If that makes sense.

Specifically, this takes 8-bit sounds into the modern era.
A deliciously swift, precise, and ... stainless mix.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

Nice. Sparse breakbeat action. It's rare when a mix utilises repetition as a quality and not something that bores or annoys. That NES-like backing never varies, and repeats A LOT of times, which is certainly true to the original and is common in a lot of chiptune based mixes. It doesn't kill the enjoyment, so there can't be anything wrong with it.
This piece doesn't do anything huge or have anything radically fresh to spin on the Mega Man 2 score, but it a good ride and a pretty good promoter of balance between original and adapted material. Great way to give a familiar genre and a familiar melody some unique personality.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Be Aggressive! Co-Director
Raccoon Mario (+1450)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I dunno if Capcom is planning an HD remix of Megaman2 (preferably NOT Powered-up this time).
But if they end-up making it, that's what the new Metal Man's stage BGM should sound like.
Because it is indeed a great re-invention of the theme.

The synth work is brillant, and really diversifies the mix. Luv the distorted guitars-synth.

I particularly like the breaks at around 1:45 and 2:48 when it quiets down,
and subtely re-build the tension before the dynamic rythmic parts make their come back.

There's also some nice background pad that add depth to the mix, making it an even more immersive experience.

While staying true to the essence of the original metalman, it amplifies the energy and vision of the theme.
Overall great arrangement.