ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR01948 - Final Fantasy VIII 'SeeD Mission'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Josh Whelchel
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I... I don't know how not to love this - the attention in the drums makes it shine. I agree about over-delayed synths, but still they sound so sweet! Great arrangement, solid mix, and happy birthday!

SONGS FOR THE CURE '11 | My Blog | My Music
Old 12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Nathan Armstrong
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Yes!

Hah. I saw this one floating around in the 'to be posted' section, and couldn't wait to hear it. It came up today, and I tackled it full-force.

All I really have to say is YES! It's about time some of these songs start getting attention like this. FF VIII's tough to get into, thanks to its poor sampling. But the Dual Dragons pulled one of the songs with the strongest potential and ran with it. Quite the fantastic job, dudes! *thumbs-up*

>>| SoundCloud |<<
Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Goomba (+100)

Blue design

Haha somehow this "blue" design didn't really catch my attention (how long was it up there?) -- I must say it's one the the design I liked the less... :P

At least there were some awesome remixes (even if this picture is from 2002) !!

FF6-Morning After and SF3-MakotoJungleJazz (or ANYTHING by McVaffe!!!) were perfect remixes!!!! I'm still listening to them to this day!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Rockin stuff for real. I love the harmonized synth breakdown with modulations. All kinds of sick stuff going on there. Great guitar playing, and though the production wasn't as good as the previous sub, it's still rocking enough for me to enjoy.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Bryant Pritchard
Ghaleon (+2250)

Rock with synths. Awesome. Especially the breakdown at the bridge...not sure what else to say except that I'm in love with this.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Best track from FFVIII now sounds MUCH greater! thx for your work!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Wes M., Double the Trouble! Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

You guys really can crank out awesome tracks like no other. This one's no exception, I didn't have an issue with the strings but I do think the opening snares were pretty weaksauce It doesn't detract from the song though. I particularly thought the way you segued from hard rock and gradually broke down into something more electronic and mellow was expertly done! Nice acoustic guitar, too, that sounded perfect!

Really killer job on the arrangement, playing... looking forward to hearing more out of you two!

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 AM

Holy Crap

I heard metal and was prepared for the usual riff-raff, with too much distortion and not enough musicality. You guys totally blew me away, this is the cleanest, most inspired piece of metal music I've heard over the short time I've been listening to it. If that makes it obvious that I'm not into metal in the slightest, then so be it.

Regardless, arrangement is totally solid. Not crazy about the synth you're using for a string ensamble, but it suffices mostly. Great work, can't wait to hear more from you.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Abobo (+600)

Very nice.
Although I don't really listen to a whole lot of metal, I can't quite comment in that respect, but on the whole it feels very polished and nicely intense.

O.K. I was completely not expecting that sudden change at 2:40, which, now knowing it's there, I admit I like it. Also the ending feels kind of cop-out-ish... but still, this mix is slowly growing on me.

Tags
electric-guitar, rock, strings, synth