ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR01954 - Cheetahmen II 'C.H.E.E.T.A.H.'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Abobo (+600)

I'm not familiar with the game, much less the actual source, but still this is a cool mix.
It's so darkly industrial and quite funky, and it reminds me ever so vaguely of something from Sonic 2. I really think it's quite an interesting track to listen to; there is a whole freaking lot going on and the occasional "rest stops" really keep this mix up in the air.

All in all, this is an amazing mix and well worth listening to.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Larry Oji, Community Manager, Moderator, Judge
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Funky freshness.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Gary Western
Luigi (+2000)

Send a message via AIM to Antipode Send a message via MSN to Antipode
Awesome. This has the Justice sound down pat, and has got to be the outright punchiest song I've ever heard from this site - plus, you made the theme fit naturally! Great work. Hey, I think I'm recognizing a very short sample out of the Phantom tracks by Justice - that echoing background stab you use in the beginning, like at :17 and :25. That definitely adds some authenticity too!

Shit, the bass is just SIZZLING in this track. You've definitely earned another one of the spots for the remixes I keep permanently in my library!

Antipode Music
- New album: Malform (Free Download)
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Wes M., Double the Trouble! Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Wait... a slap-bass that doesn't make me want to kill myself? What's this world coming to!?

Seriously, this is crazy as hell. It reminds me of The Vagrance's mix off of Humans + Gears in the way that it doesn't feel much like a conventional song but you're so engrossed by the beat and the groove that it doesn't even matter. The quieter section toward the end right before the "final push" was really great, I almost forgot I was listening to the same mix!

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 AM
John Michael Apostolopoulos
Bad Dude (+500)

I'm not really familiar with the game or the source, but it ain't stopping me from lovin' this funky track!

Have to agree with Antipode by saying this is one of the most punchiest mixes I've heard in quite a while. That slapped bass is godly, I can see why you say it was so fun to make

Not much more to say, other than that this tracks oozes awesome from every orifice
Old 12-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Bryant Pritchard
Ghaleon (+2250)

Two funky remixes on the same day? I think I just crapped myself.

The slap bass is epic and the lead really tops it off nicely. Production, as far as my untrained ears can tell, is very tight. It almost sounds like it could fit right next to any Top 40 hit on the radio right now... except, you know, this one involves musical talent.

Good stuff.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Aw hellllll yeah! I first heard this in the WIP, and knew for sure it would be a hit. Friggin awesome song! I can tell that you touched this up too! There's more noodling thrown in there, an entirely new solo, and overall a much more fleshed out and pleasurable experience. Perfect improvements. Just like last time, I was bobbing my head the whole way through. Groovy as fuck.

GREAT JOB!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Abobo (+600)

I'm 100 percent certain that I could claim this was a new Justice track and nobody would flinch.

relayanCe made it
Old 12-12-2009, 05:22 AM
formerly Audix
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Fantastic mix. It's been fun listening to your progress from your old WIPs and getting more and more polished. Great work!

Tags
funky, synth, electronic