ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Martin K.
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to Martin Penwald
First off, the bass is incredibly funky.

Don't really like the sound of the lead guitar coming in at 0:10, but that's personal preference.

The breakdown around the 2 minute mark is kinda boring; there's absolutely nothing that holds your attention in that section.

Fortunately, the remix picks up at 2:25 and becomes interesting once again; the climax is pretty sweet.

As quite a few posters before said, this is sort of a mixed bag. Looking forward to your future remixes, though.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I am pretty much feeling the bass love here, even within the original material; so I can understand how it ended up going for more of a funk approach. While I had indeed heard this source being done to death in the past, the arrangement done ended up taking it in a much fresher direction than what I'd normally expect with people that attempted it, complete with some quality live instruments that even bear a light Hendrix influence in a way. Very neat.

I'm gonna have to say though that you may need to watch your timing a big with the wah; sometimes it may end up coming a bit loose, particularly going past the 2 minute mark. Though, after hearing some of your later works I've heard that you've been making steady improvements to your writing, so it may not be too much of a big deal.

Generally I dig the direction, and let's hope to hear more bass-centric work (whether in this style or not) from your end Austin, whether solo or with the OC Plaid Muffins
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

I like the funk for the first 2 min or so, but after that it seems like it just kinda dies off, almost as if it does not want to progress to the next part of the song. then the "rock" portion of the song comes in at 2:25. and then the song ends weak.

Even considering those issues it's a really good mix, I love the funkat the beginning, and the rock portion close to the end.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Stepan
Goomba (+100)

I'm sure I hear Hidden Palace (Sonic & Knuckles) cameo here. Anyway, great song!

From Russia with love <3 So, sorry for my terrible English :D

Tags
electric-guitar, rock