Old 03-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Gerry Wheatley, The Missingno Tracks Director
Dark Force (+9000)

OCRA-0023 - Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks

Ahh, Pokémon. How many days, afternoons and nights were spent on this series? This tiny little world, right in your hands, filled with amazing creatures with fantastic powers. You were given a friend and mission, and then sent out into the world. No parents to send you to bed, no teachers to make you do homework... just open fields, friends at your side, and the freedom to go and do what you wanted. In your journeys, you fought monsters, defeated the bad guys, rescued the townsfolk, crossed the ocean, and still had enough time to play the slots. You were the champion, a hero to all... and it was your world!

Even though more than a decade has passed since we first set our eyes upon those little creatures, we still love to play with them. The series has created so many fond memories for us. Who can forget the first time they stepped out into the grass outside of Pallet Town and ran into a Pidgey? How many hours did we spend exploring and mapping out the underwater tunnels of Hoenn's seas? Will you, years from now, look back upon rescuing the Lake Trio from Team Galactic and recall how glad you felt they were now safe? I bet you will.

The music of Pokémon comes as varied and imaginative as the world it's set in. It's sad, happy, quick and light, heavy and fearsome, and all of it deserving of more attention. The Missingno Tracks is a tribute to the music of the games. We've given the songs new twists, lyrics to convey the feelings behind them, and played with them like we would with a Pokémon friend. We give this to you, the Trainers, so that you may enjoy them again.

Thank you for playing all this time and most certainly thank you for listening!

-Gerry Wheatley (The Damned)
Project Director

Last edited by Liontamer; 03-25-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Jay
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Downloading now. Trailer was awesome. Great work you guys!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Dark Force (+9000)

I think I can say, without even a hint of bias or hyperbole, that this is the single greatest work of art ever made by humanity's sum total of everything.

If I may be so modest to say so.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Riccardo
Little Mac (+900)

Finally!! I'm so happy but can't listen it until tomorrow...
Anyway, some of the tracks are absent in FLAC format, this is becoming common in the last albums...

Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Joe Musashi (+7000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

just wanted to let everyone know that the version of my remix "Drowning Blue" that's on the album is not the correct version... it is an older version that unfortunately got mixed up during the bundling process

I've uploaded the newer, correct version here:

http://halc9bit.com/private/Drowning-Blue-Proper.mp3

the EQ and mixing on this version is a LOT better, with some slight instrument/arrangement differences

I've already tagged the mp3 exactly as it is on the album

thanks

Clicky Clicky Clicky
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Dark Force (+9000)

Yep, just copy the name on the old file, delete it, and then paste it onto the new one. Perfect.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Cain McCormack, Judge, Worlds Apart Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Pokemanz!!!!!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Clay Moffatt
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Great job getting this out damned! This project has been around forever. I feel complete.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 AM

I really like OverClocked ReMix, but there have been problems with some of their big releases. You would think that with all the time they have to prepare these projects that it wouldn't be an issue, but in some of their latest releases some tracks aren't in .flac, some .flac files don't decompress correctly, and in this case an incorrect version of the remix was used in the final release.

From what I've seen in the project threads the person in charge asks for .wav files from the people working on remixes (at least for the final submission), so why do only some tracks come in .flac and others don't? I understand lossy for the day-to-day remixes, but you would think for the big releases they would have everything in .flac and not just some.

I'm not trying to complain, it's free and the remixes are usually very good. It's just a shame that in the final stages leading up to release is when they seem to drop the ball.

PS: I'm really glad the Ice Cave from Pokémon Gold/Silver was one of the tracks in the series selected for this album.

Last edited by Calatia; 03-02-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Cain McCormack, Judge, Worlds Apart Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well, the project is 4 years old. I don't have the projects files for my track that I finished in 2007 anymore. I can't make a wav, so we can't make a flac. It happens.