Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Stefan SchŘtz
Abobo (+600)

When I first downloaded Harmony of a Hunter at first I didn't like it, but after I repeatedly listened to it, I started to get fond of it
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Alex
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This mix packs as much variety and energy as Samus's own arsenal. I love the unexpected change-up at 2:39 in particular. Regardless of whether it's "pure" dubstep, I could have kept listening for several minutes longer.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Christian C.
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Several months ago I was watching Zircon's video demo/tutorial on making dubstep synth patches with Zebra, and I really wanted to hear them piled on with effects, in a completed track. Well, guess I got what I wanted This is a well put-together mix, and it's very dark yet chill at the same time. My only gripe is that I wanted it to go on for 1 or 2 more minutes. But this uses the popular dubstep trend of throwing in a lot of different textures and they flow together nicely.

How in the Sam Hill have you not had a posted ReMix yet? -The Vagrance
Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Pete Lepley, Temporal Duality Asst. Director
Mario (+1400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

GROSSBEAT PRESET!! Heard it from the first time I listened... it might even be one of the reasons I like this track so much. Or maybe it's that I have huge respect for zircon. Either way, this is awesome. This and "The Clubbing of Isaac" by BGC inspired me to try out some dubstep elements myself, even though historically I've been VERY against the genre. Kudos to the both of you for expanding my musical repertoire, and for being so damn awesome

pH

Bandcamp Soundcloud Facebook Twitter
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Robert Turner
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Zircon always comes up with neat ideas to tweak with certain key tracks. Metroid's OST was always hidden with different thematic elements. But tweaking it into dubstep was not easy. I'm sure it took a bit of time to put this one together.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Rodrigo RIbeiro

Thanks man!

Hello Zircon. I made a video, for a final wrok of my post-grad in Visual Arts, and i used one of your mixes( Ashes to Ashes) like soundtrack. Fit like a glove! This is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-r_sTk8SE

Hope you enjoy, your mix is f..AWESOME!

See ya!

PS: i'm a big fan of metroid and rockman...
Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Just like Andy, I completely missed the meteoric rise of dubstep until I got out of my 5 month trek through boot camp.

I've been rarely disappointed by Andy's music, and this mix is no exception. It doesn't use the wubs as a crux for the whole song, and does some more intricate things here. My only real letdown here is how the song ends - it's lame!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Truong-Son "Timaeus" (Tim-AHY-uhs) Nguyen
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I haven't posted my own review of this yet? I could have sworn I have. Oh well. Here goes:
---------------------------------------------------------
This remix leads us in with a nice wah-wah bass and some slow drums with the perfect touch of reverb. There's no sudden volume jump, which is nice. Then the melody comes in, which gives an eerie feel. Then of course the wub-wub comes in, and I expected some variation soon; heh, I didn't know what hit me. I loved that there's always a sense of progression in this. There's nothing we can skip. :O

Then at 1:00 a bass from... Massive? I think I may have used this one before! It could be the Dynamite Breaks preset with some modifications to make it short and to remove the automated panning. That's a kewl preset. Oh, and I think I sense some dBlueGlitch and GrossBeat in here. :D I'm also seeing some ArtsAcoustic Reverb! :}

2:39 - This is such an insane section. I could listen to this for weeks and still not discern all the esoteric complexities that interweave within this monstrous masterpiece. xD

2:50... That bass that feels like it's closing in on you... What is that? That is awesome, and it really stands out at the right moment.

And of course, it ends with no tail. :P This is a remix to remember for ages to come.

- Timaeus

Last edited by timaeus222; 04-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Link (+1900)

Interesting to hear a dubstep ReMix where the dubstep isn't overpowering the entire song. It seems to be an addition to the aggressive electronica and piano sections rather than taking over the entire ReMix. That being said, terrific work on this one, Zircon. The last minute really dropped the hammer on this dark track and like I said before, switching between piano and electronica was cool.

Tags
aggressive, dubstep, piano, strings, synth, electronic