ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 06-26-2005, 03:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Josh1billion
This is one of the best remixes I've ever heard! :D It's right up there with the "CrossFire" remix (which is a remix of another Chrono Cross song).

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to pixlz
i figure, i never posted how much i love this track. also, it deserves a bump. ^_^

good stuff.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

The first electric guitar sounds sweet; the second one, not so. 1:12 is where the song really starts for me. A beach festival or seaside market are the dominating imagery as I listen to this multi-synth section. Delicious drumwork, if a bit buried. Thankfully, the guitar work here - both the lead and the countermelodic bass - speaks colorful groove-based volumes. That premature fadeout feels like a letdown, though. (Don't like the grungy distortion early on, and I don't change my mind at the end. :P)
Old 02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Pretty cool how this one tells the story, with the learning sequence at the beginning. There were some weird production issues with the initial learning sequence, but once the song itself starts the sound was pristine. I'll assume it was intentionally that raw and hiss-tacular.

As for the song itself, it is pretty coverish but very enjoyable. Ailsean is a fantastic guitarist and pulls of pinch harmonics without even trying throughout the song, and the bass is totally groovin. The groove based volumes it speaks are very colorful. >_>
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

f****** awesome
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

The hiss is truly horrendous to begin with. The whole "rehearsal / sound test" section is misleading, sounds absolutely terrible BUT I strongly believe the actual mix benefits because of it. The listener sits through, what, 1:10 minutes of grating material to get the payoff of 4 minutes of very blissful, ethnically-accented rock. Things really sound much sweeter and fuller following the technically crippled overture.
It's a strong melody that doesn't really require much arrangement to be fantastic sounding, which is great since this mix doesn't have all that much.
There are plenty of pros with this, but there is actually a con bigger than people are probably used to. The unusual technical and conceptual balancing is pretty interesting, and come across as both an issue and a selling point. Like I said, I personally wouldn't cut out the band practice bits for the same reason I wouldn't cut out the Ewoks from Star Wars. If that's how the canon was laid down, then that's how it shall be. I still despise those damn Ewoks though.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Ter
Octorok (+200)

Why didn't I like this the first time I listened to it? Who knows. This is awesome stuff.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
David
Dr. Wily (+1300)

So, the first section of this song really threw me off - I have a hard time rationalizing it and the mood with the rest of the piece. Everything after 1:10 was simply amazing, and I would listen to that part again, but the part before it... major turn-off. And while I kind of get what he was going for with it, I still can't make myself like that section. The last four minutes of it, however, definitely deserve the listener's consideration - I had no complaints at all about that section, really, except that maybe the fade-out felt like it began way too suddenly.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Will Bonnici
Goomba (+100)

I still like this track. The opening is a little bizarre, but oh well, if I can leekspin myself for 40 minutes, I can survive any strange little segment.

Then it gets epic. Granted, when 'Nikki' misses notes, it gets really annoying, but I do it a lot on guitar anyway (stupid intermediate-level playing on advanced pieces), so I 'spose I'm desensitized.

And now that I've given the song another bump, I bid you adeau!

Tags
electric-guitar, rock, synth